PDA

View Full Version : ativan after drinking alcohol

cserpico
10-14-2013, 02:00 AM
hey guys. I just took an ativan because i was having a panic attack, im not sure the dosage, but i was drinking earlier tonight. i think my last beer was 3-4 hours ago. think i should be alright? a buddy of mine died from abusing his meds and mixing with alcohol, i only took one pill but im still kind of nervous

cserpico
10-14-2013, 02:02 AM
update: its 1mg

JimmyJazz41
10-14-2013, 02:20 AM
How many drinks did you have?

cserpico
10-14-2013, 03:06 AM
probably 7 or 8 beers, so far i feel alright. im going to try to stay awake until late in the morning to be safe

JimmyJazz41
10-14-2013, 03:42 AM
I've been paranoid about this myself before. I know that 3-4 hours is a bit soon to be taking ativan after drinking, even 1mg. How are you feeling now? Is there anybody around you, housemates, girlfriend,wife,family....? Don't panic and don't worry though.....you'll be OK. Just to be on the safe side it's better if someone is there to keep an eye on you.

cserpico
10-14-2013, 03:55 AM
i feel pretty good. im less worried now but i will be more careful in the future. yeah, i told my friend to check on me in the morning when he gets up for work. thanks man

Perses
10-23-2013, 08:56 AM
I'm fascinating that you would have an anxiety attack after drinking 7 or 8 beers. I'm basically a non-drinker. Just not something I grew up with, but I'm on clonazepam and have had a beer on occasion. So, maybe it's just me, but 7 to 8 beers seems a bit much? Just wondering if the drinking could have brought on an anxiety attack?

cserpico
10-23-2013, 10:43 AM
i am a heavy whiskey drinker. i actually started drinking to help deal with my anxiety but i've been doing it so long that i have become an alcoholic. i do have really bad panic attacks the day after a night of heavy drinking but 7-8 beers isnt heavy drinking to me. i barely even get a buzz. its one of those damned if i do damned if i dont things now. if i dont drink i am in a near constant state of anxiety, if i do drink i often drink too much and have a horrible panic attack the next day