PDA

View Full Version : Stomach

MrsJ88
10-13-2013, 08:53 PM
My stomach feels so weird I cannot explain it but it's giving me anxiety bad.. When I've been having little to no anxiety in the last few weeks. Not a stomach ache... Just like has this tight/uncomfortable feeling while also my
Stomach muscles feel tight and like I've worked out and achy. What is this!? Its worrying me.

MrsJ88
10-14-2013, 12:56 AM
My stomach feels so weird I cannot explain it but it's giving me anxiety bad.. When I've been having little to no anxiety in the last few weeks. Not a stomach ache... Just like has this tight/uncomfortable feeling while also my Stomach muscles feel tight and like I've worked out and achy. What is this!? Its worrying me.

Anyone have an idea?

littleone123
10-14-2013, 03:03 AM
I get like this too like ur whole stomach is so tense u can't relax it?

jamiebrown
10-14-2013, 03:21 AM
I have massive problems with my stomach many people say anxiety causes IBS or the other way round av read loads on the connection between the two

kelseyt
10-14-2013, 07:30 AM
Sounds definitely like anxiety, anxiety causes tense muscles without you even realising it.

Found this which may help you abit, I also have problems with my stomach even when my anxiety isn't bad.

Stomach Tension – Anxiety also puts a great deal of pressure on the stomach muscles, and these in turn put pressure on the stomach. Any stomach pressure has the potential to change the way that your stomach feels during periods of stress.

Adrenaline Body Changes – Adrenaline and stress change hormone levels and digestion. It's likely that, when your body is responding with the fight/flight system, it's taking something away from the gut that it needs to function properly and causes a feeling of malaise.

littleone123
10-14-2013, 07:41 AM
Ye I get so bad and tense all the time with mine bt suffer headaches too from all the tensing. And iv found I pick my lips when I'm anxious don't know if anyone else does this too but that's apparently quite common for anxiety sufferers.

MrsJ88
10-14-2013, 08:56 AM
Sounds definitely like anxiety, anxiety causes tense muscles without you even realising it. Found this which may help you abit, I also have problems with my stomach even when my anxiety isn't bad. Stomach Tension – Anxiety also puts a great deal of pressure on the stomach muscles, and these in turn put pressure on the stomach. Any stomach pressure has the potential to change the way that your stomach feels during periods of stress. Adrenaline Body Changes – Adrenaline and stress change hormone levels and digestion. It's likely that, when your body is responding with the fight/flight system, it's taking something away from the gut that it needs to function properly and causes a feeling of malaise.

Thanks Kelsey! That's helped a lot!

kelseyt
10-14-2013, 05:11 PM
I'm glad it helped. :)

MrsJ88
10-15-2013, 07:25 PM
Having stomach pains tonight :( ugh like pains all over. Maybe gas. It hurts and it's giving me anxiety

trinidiva
10-15-2013, 08:00 PM
If its gas.....I know this will sound weird....but it works. Lay down on your back and bring your knees up to your chest. You will eventually pass gas and will start to feel better. This is what they do for gassy babies too.....kind of nasty but it works.

Feel better.

MrsJ88
10-16-2013, 02:19 AM
If its gas.....I know this will sound weird....but it works. Lay down on your back and bring your knees up to your chest. You will eventually pass gas and will start to feel better. This is what they do for gassy babies too.....kind of nasty but it works. Feel better.

Thank you... I took Gas-X

trinidiva
10-16-2013, 09:35 AM
Thank you... I took Gas-X

Did it work?

MrsJ88
10-16-2013, 09:41 AM
Did it work?

Yes it did.