PDA

View Full Version : new and looking for a little help

zuni
10-23-2005, 12:58 PM
well, im new and i decided to join this site because i lost another job today because i couldn't leave the house.. it's the second job in a month that i lost because of this.. now, i need a new job or to work from home or something.. im 24 years old and feel like such a dork for having this problem.. help if ya can, thanks!

brickyard_red
10-23-2005, 07:15 PM
Welcome Zuni, I'm very glad that you found this forum and decided to join. You are definatley not a dork, you're not alone in losing your job because you can't leave your house.

Feel free to ask any questions and I'm sure if anyone can offer advice they will help.

Cath :)

Vikki
10-27-2005, 03:39 AM
You are not alone, even tho this disorder leaves us all feeling alone sometimes. I gave up my job, because of this disorder. Can't make it out the door, can't handle the pressures at work.

Are you seeing anyone for help, therapist? Taking any meds? Both canl help you if you give them a try. I'm reading a book that you could check out. Anxiety and Phobia Workbook by Edmound Bourne that has givin me a lot of insight on the disorder and gives you steps to work on recovering.

Hope you have a good day

Vikki

zuni
10-27-2005, 09:27 AM
thanks for the replies, guys.. i am currently seeing someone and takin meds.. they increased the dose 3 weeks ago, but it's not really helping.. just makes me kinda sleepy..i will definatly check out that book.. can i find it at borders? thanks again for listening!