PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety ever be cured?

DamnAnxiety2hell
10-12-2013, 04:37 PM
When I say cured I mean. 100% gone, back to normal. None of this 'learn to cope' shit.

My anxiety is a lot better now, I don't freak out anymore I just learn to ride with it, the symptoms are also starting to decrease.

I'm not on Meds, nor am I attenting therapy, although I intend to soon.

But honestly I forgot how it feels to live without anxiety, I forgot what it feels like to be free. I envy people who live their lives free from worry. I wish I could go back in time and not smoke pot, which by the way is the cause for my anxiety. I'm only 16. Sometimes I feel hopeless like I'll never be free again.

Is there a possibility of me becoming anxiety free? Can my life return to normal?

tailspin
10-12-2013, 06:10 PM
There have been a couple of other posts on this subject with some interesting feedback if you have a look through the General Discussion Forum.

Definitely, yes, a lot of people do return to normal. No doubt about that. And given that you are so young and that you are already getting on top of this, I would think the chances are excellent that you will also get over your anxiety completely. Many people do, so don't feel hopeless!

When are you starting therapy?

DamnAnxiety2hell
10-12-2013, 06:30 PM
There have been a couple of other posts on this subject with some interesting feedback if you have a look through the General Discussion Forum.

Definitely, yes, a lot of people do return to normal. No doubt about that. And given that you are so young and that you are already getting on top of this, I would think the chances are excellent that you will also get over your anxiety completely. Many people do, so don't feel hopeless!

When are you starting therapy?

Duuuuude. When I read this I literally started crying, legit.

I'm so so so happy right now, I'm filled with hope. Thank you so much brother, i have an appointment with my doctor in two days, she will be referring me to a phycologist.

atcmom
10-12-2013, 06:45 PM
I am 38 and started with severe anxiety at 36. I've tried all sorts of things and am finally on meds, waiting for them to work. I do forget what it feels like to be normal. I have heard from MANY people though that it's possible. Some days are harder than others to be positive, but get with a doctor you trust and do what he/she tells you. I had to leave on doc b/c she was making me feel worse! Trust your gut on this!

tailspin
10-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Duuuuude. When I read this I literally started crying, legit.

I'm so so so happy right now, I'm filled with hope. Thank you so much brother, i have an appointment with my doctor in two days, she will be referring me to a phycologist.

That's great! Let us know how you get on with the psychologist.

It's awesome you are getting help with this right away. A lot of people suffer in silence for a long time and that can often make the anxiety harder to treat. It really sounds as though you are well on your way to being anxiety-free again!

mglover92
10-12-2013, 09:30 PM
yes it can be cured. I dont know how a person could live life saying it cant be...there are plenty of people out there who have gotten over theres. Iv been struggling for 2 years and I can say I "think" I am about 70 percent cured. Close but no cigar. Enjoy the ride brother, you will only come out stronger in the end mentally.