PDA

View Full Version : Am I experiencing depersonalization/derealization?

DamnAnxiety2hell
10-12-2013, 12:11 AM
After my anxiety cooled down a bit I started feeling different. It feels like I can't feel anything, no happiness or sadness, I feel essentially emotionless, it's not a bad feeling (heck it's better than feeling anxious) but it's not a good feeling. Also the world around me feels a bit odd. As if my vision is foggy but it isn't . It feels like everything is fake or I'm dreaming.

Sarah W
10-12-2013, 12:28 AM
That sounds like that could be derealization. Feeling like what's around you isn't real or like you can't tell whether you're dreaming.

I went through it for at least four months before mine really ebbed away. I felt like everything could disappear at any moment. I felt like I wasn't real. I felt like nothing around me was real. I felt like I was alone and trapped in my head. I had this sensation of mild terror all the time. Like I was in hell. It's hard to describe better than that. It was the worst thing I had ever experienced.

It's good that you're not finding it very unpleasant, because that would probably make it worse. Hopefully it doesn't trouble you too much and it passes sooner than mine did. I wouldn't wish that on anyone for more than a minute.

Chris80
10-12-2013, 01:06 AM
I get derealization, I'm glad to hear there are others too. It freaks me out though- so you are doing well to keep it under wraps :-)

jayj404
10-12-2013, 08:07 AM
That's post anxiety for you. I get the same thing when ever my anxiety goes away. Most people experience depression and dissociation (Derealization and depersonalization). This will go away as soon as you stop thinking about it.

jessed03
10-12-2013, 08:42 AM
Yeah, sounds rather like brain fog/derealization buddy.

patchezzzz
10-12-2013, 10:13 AM
I've had derealization for a year:( that really worries me. Will I have this forever? I hardly feel anxious anymore unless I don't take my meds

calmwinter
10-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Yup!!! I've had it for about 8 yrs, it's pretty much a different form of anxiety.

patchezzzz
10-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Yup!!! I've had it for about 8 yrs, it's pretty much a different form of anxiety.off and on or just constant? I'll straight up kill myself if I have this for another year. That's complete bullshit, what the fuck

Sarah W
10-14-2013, 06:48 AM
Yup!!! I've had it for about 8 yrs, it's pretty much a different form of anxiety.

Wow, has there been some huge stressor/worry in your life for that long?