PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP! Seriously worried about psychosis!!

RT24
10-11-2013, 06:58 PM
So today I was laying in bed when I suddenly heard a low, whine-like noise. It sounded like air circulating through a vent, kind of. I got nervous and got up to investigate. No matter where I went, it was off in the distance. All day long I've heard it, but only when I think about it. It's a very slight, low sound and very often I take outside noises and "translate" it into this sound. But sometimes there's no sound at all and I can hear it!! My parents said it's in my head because I'm obsessively thinking and I can hear it when I shut my ears, but I'm so terrified! What if this is me finally losing my mind!? Please help someone!!

cascadevalley
10-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Calm down!!!!! Anxiety can do some weird things!!! It really could be some vent type of noise. Do you still hear it?

jessed03
10-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Or a type of tinnitus?

RT24
10-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Calm down!!!!! Anxiety can do some weird things!!! It really could be some vent type of noise. Do you still hear it?

Sort of. But it's hard to say if it's just my mind taking the sound of the wind outside or the sound of the television and making me think it's a hallucination. When I don't think about it, or even when I'm in a very quiet room, it's harder to hear or I don't hear it at all.

cascadevalley
10-11-2013, 10:01 PM
How are you feeling, any better?

jamiebrown
10-11-2013, 10:16 PM
You really underestimate what anxiety can do your brain is the most powerful thing more powerful than any computer and that sounds like a weird thing to say. Anxiety doesn't have set symptoms I get thing sort of like this I get random flickes in my eyes and all sorts of other feeling seriously I wouldn't worry it's probs just anxiety because you are constantly looking out for signs

blondieqtpie
10-11-2013, 11:05 PM
I agree. Anxiety and if you have OCD too... Can make you have various symptoms-- some where you think you're losing it.