PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely. Friggin. Exhausted.

HealthAnxNut
10-11-2013, 09:24 AM
I was all set to get some good sleep last night, and I started getting a throbbing pain mid-back on my right side. Of course, I was immediately convinced it was my kidneys. (on a new med, thinking "oh great, it's putting my into kidney failure!") I didn't start to panic, but I couldn't get it off my mind. Everytime it throbbed, the thought came into my mind "this isn't good!" I didn't get more than 5 hours of sleep, and I am totally friggin' exhausted today. The spot on my back is still sore, but it's not throbbing a lot. Still concerns me though. Isn't it amazing how one stupid little symptom can ruin your entire night and next day?? I was glad that I didn't full-blown panic, but I feel terrible today. :(

shellsjack
10-11-2013, 09:35 AM
I was all set to get some good sleep last night, and I started getting a throbbing pain mid-back on my right side. Of course, I was immediately convinced it was my kidneys. (on a new med, thinking "oh great, it's putting my into kidney failure!") I didn't start to panic, but I couldn't get it off my mind. Everytime it throbbed, the thought came into my mind "this isn't good!" I didn't get more than 5 hours of sleep, and I am totally friggin' exhausted today. The spot on my back is still sore, but it's not throbbing a lot. Still concerns me though. Isn't it amazing how one stupid little symptom can ruin your entire night and next day?? I was glad that I didn't full-blown panic, but I feel terrible today. :(
I'm sorry for how you're feeling today. My health anxiety has been horrible the last few weeks. I also hate how one weird feeling in your body can send you from zero to instant panic in seconds. And then it's all I can focus on which makes all of my other body functions upset. I've started running lately and after about 2 miles I get a pain in my back under my rib cage like where my kidney would be. I'm convinced something is wrong. Health anxiety is so crappy.

HealthAnxNut
10-11-2013, 10:13 AM
It really is. I knew it wasn't going to help to worry about it, but I just couldn't get it off my mind. My sister had kidney failure, so I'm hyper-aware of that one for sure. I know running/exercise can cause all sorts of muscle twinges, cramps, etc, so I'm sure that's what you are experiencing. If it only happens when you run, I would think you are good. Like my feeling last night... I have my period, and that could be part of it, but it's the last day, and that rarely happens. I could've been laying weird. It's hard to believe the more benign options, which is VERY frustrating. Most people would write these feelings off to some relatively normal cause. With us, WE ARE DYING. lol

shellsjack
10-11-2013, 10:19 AM
It really is. I knew it wasn't going to help to worry about it, but I just couldn't get it off my mind. My sister had kidney failure, so I'm hyper-aware of that one for sure. I know running/exercise can cause all sorts of muscle twinges, cramps, etc, so I'm sure that's what you are experiencing. If it only happens when you run, I would think you are good. Like my feeling last night... I have my period, and that could be part of it, but it's the last day, and that rarely happens. I could've been laying weird. It's hard to believe the more benign options, which is VERY frustrating. Most people would write these feelings off to some relatively normal cause. With us, WE ARE DYING. lol
LOL. I've died at least 16 times this year.

HealthAnxNut
10-11-2013, 11:24 AM
God, I wish I really could count how many times I've had that thought. Wait, scratch that, I don't wanna know!! ;)

tailspin
10-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Really sorry you had a bad night last night, HealthAnxNut! I hate it when that happens because it really does tend to screw up the following day too.

What you say here is soooooooooooo true!!!!

Isn't it amazing how one stupid little symptom can ruin your entire night and next day?? I was glad that I didn't full-blown panic, but I feel terrible today. :(

Really hope you can take it easy today and that you sleep well tonight!!

HealthAnxNut
10-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Thanks hun. It's been a rough day! I am so tired. And the sides of my head are holding so much tension right now. My jaw and head are an aching mess. My neck too. I could handle being tired without the additional crap, you know? I don't feel anxious today. I guess I'm all depleted of adrenaline! lol