PDA

View Full Version : anyone else???

emtw12
10-11-2013, 06:34 AM
my left arm (upper near shoulder) keeps going numb for like 3-5 seconds then going away :/ anyone else get this

KieranA001
10-11-2013, 06:46 AM
Do you get headaches as well? You know it could just be stress and tension. I get something similar to that as I get pains down my neck near the juggler vein. What you need to do, or try is to relax your shoulders or to try and get some rest. Lay off the caffeine as well and drink plenty of water :-)

emtw12
10-11-2013, 06:47 AM
No headaches and I do I've been drinking a lot water lately :) it's just my left arm feels weak and the top of it keeps going numb for no reason!

Saint
10-11-2013, 06:57 AM
I get that too from time to time, usually at night when im in bed

I sometimes think im going to have a stroke or something but its just my imagination going crazy and once I clam down it goes away in a few hours

emtw12
10-11-2013, 07:05 AM
mine happens a few times a day now, :( just goes numb for say 5 seconds (feels like someone's squeezing my arm (upper) then disappears. is yours the same ?

KieranA001
10-11-2013, 07:17 AM
mine happens a few times a day now, :( just goes numb for say 5 seconds (feels like someone's squeezing my arm (upper) then disappears. is yours the same ?

How long have you been having the pain for in your shoulder ? I say this because it could be a pulled muscle or something, you could have sprained it. I would give it a couple of weeks to heal and if that doesn't work of if it's getting worse then go to the doctor and get it checked out.

I don't really know what you could do, apart from rest it and to stay away from caffeine because it shrinks your blood vessels and that is bad in your case. Are you taking any medication ? Does it hurt when you move it ?

Saint
10-11-2013, 07:18 AM
mines in my upper arm too and does feel numb but mine sounds a little bit different to you, It doesn't feel like someone is squeezing my arm and mine hangs around for awhile

How long has this been going on for? sorry to hear your getting this it sounds uncomfortable and annoying

HealthAnxNut
10-11-2013, 07:39 AM
I have this happen to my shoulder/arm/hand. My doctor told me any numbness is due to pinched nerves. Try to remember that when it happens - maybe it'll make you feel better. It helped me a bit. Still feels freaky!

emtw12
10-11-2013, 07:43 AM
Kieran: I had this pain once or twice about 2 month ago and it's just started again recently it's been a lot more the last few weeks doesn't hurt wen I move or anything just top of my upper arm near shoulder keeps going numb for no reason at all. I on no meds

emtw12
10-11-2013, 07:44 AM
thank you healthanx :) is yours left side? and does it happen frequently

emtw12
10-11-2013, 07:47 AM
I do have issues with my arms they go weak/achy and have pain in a lot (mostly left) could that be to do with it?

KieranA001
10-11-2013, 08:07 AM
I was just reading more into it, it seems to be one of the symptoms for anxiety and apparently the only was to get rid of it will be to get rid of your anxiety. Although, their must be other ways so don't give up. Just keep trying everything you can and it will go away.

Take a look at this:

http://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/signs/arm-pain

emtw12
10-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Thanks x
:)

HealthAnxNut
10-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Yes, mine is always on the left side, where I also have aching/pain sometimes. I even woke up once and my entire left arm was numb. It was a pinched nerve, but I went into COMPLETE panic mode at like 3am. Took hours to fall back asleep!

emtw12
10-11-2013, 03:07 PM
It's horrible! do u get any other symptoms with it? I get chest pain and shortness of breathe.. all daily too :(