PDA

View Full Version : so scared

sunshine86vh
10-11-2013, 05:40 AM
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. Over the past few years I've suffered from bad episodes of anxiety :( over the last week I seem to have gone downhill. I don't want to kill myself but I have an overwhelming fear that I am going to, does anyone else get this?

tailspin
10-11-2013, 12:19 PM
Hi sunshine. Welcome to the site! I'm really sorry you are struggling. You will find a lot of people here who can relate to you. With an Anxiety Disorder, it's common to have the types of intrusive thoughts and fears you describe (for example, the fear that you are going to harm yourself). You are definitely not alone. Keep posting here and have a read through some of the other posts. I hope it helps you, and I hope you're able to get some professional help too.

sweetypie
10-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Yes, I've been scared that I will kill myself before. I've thought about checking myself into a hospital a ton of times.

KitahD
10-11-2013, 08:20 PM
I tried zoloft and one of the rare side effects is feeling suicidal. Then I fixated on whether or not it was making me suicidal! I fear losing control and hurting others or myself...though I don't have an urge to in any way.