PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety ever go away for good?

DamnAnxiety2hell
10-10-2013, 11:19 PM
I'm 16, and I've been experiencing anxiety for a month, even depression. I feel like I cannot cope with this much longer, everyday I'm having suicidal thoughts, the only reason I'm still alive is for my mother. My question is can anxiety ever go away for good? When I mean go away I mean go back to its normal levels, my anxiety started from a panic attack induced by marijuana. I hate myself for smoking. If I has just resisted peer pressure non of this wouldn't be happening to me. I feel hopeless, I can't see myself living with this in the future.

If anyone has ever overcome anxiety please please please help me out!

JimmyJazz41
10-11-2013, 12:02 AM
Yes it can go away for good. You have to tell yourself this....besides,it's true. Many people overcome anxiety and depression. I have friends who have done it. I'm battling it myself (well the anxiety part at least) and am getting better slowly.
Talk your mother about it and anyone else you are close too. Talking really helps. You should go to see a doctor and check out anti-depressants, and find out cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) or another kind of counselling.

Your pal,Jimmy.

sweetypie
10-11-2013, 02:32 PM
I get suicidal over my anxiety sometimes as well. *hugs*

It can get better. I've had anxiety all my life (I am 27 years old), but I will say that sometimes it's hardly anything at all and easy to live with. Anxiety can be cured, but even if it can't, it can be so small that you feel pretty good about life.

It gets really hard when you are super anxious to remember that there are times when you were happy and to believe that you can get there again. That's when I know my anxiety is at it's worst.

Just try to think about all the things you haven't experienced in life yet, whatever you think is great. Like having your dream job, getting married, having kids, getting a girlfriend or boyfriend, graduating high school, so on and so forth and how you'll miss out on those things if you kill yourself.