PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and Work

nkemery
10-10-2013, 02:07 PM
I'm 21 years old and have had nearly a dozen different jobs. Even at jobs I like I can't seem to stick around long. I start a job and shortly after find myself uncomfortable and embarrassed for no reason until one day I wake up and can't bring myself to go into work.
I just got a new job as a waitress. I start tomorrow and I'm already getting overwhelmed by the thought of it.
I considered finding a counselor again, but the thing is, scheduling is one of my biggest stressors. I wouldn't be able to commit to seeing someone while also working.
Does anyone else struggle like this. What do you do when youre at work and just feel the need to run away?

sweetypie
10-10-2013, 02:27 PM
*hugs*

I struggle with this really badly. I hate 9-5 jobs so badly. They make me feel like I have no control over life and so freaked out.

I honestly work as a writer right now. I make very little money and it's been this way for a few years, so I'm struggling to make an actual career out of it.

I can't work for other people because of this stress I get. Working as a writer let's me work at my own pace and when I'm having a really bad day, it lets me freak out and not worry about work and then make up for it another day.

I don't recommend doing what I do because it's really hard to make a living as a writer, but I'm just saying I totally know where you are coming from. The longest I kept a traditional job was for about 3 months, I think.

nkemery
10-10-2013, 02:40 PM
*hugs*

I struggle with this really badly. I hate 9-5 jobs so badly. They make me feel like I have no control over life and so freaked out.

I honestly work as a writer right now. I make very little money and it's been this way for a few years, so I'm struggling to make an actual career out of it.

I can't work for other people because of this stress I get. Working as a writer let's me work at my own pace and when I'm having a really bad day, it lets me freak out and not worry about work and then make up for it another day.

I don't recommend doing what I do because it's really hard to make a living as a writer, but I'm just saying I totally know where you are coming from. The longest I kept a traditional job was for about 3 months, I think.

I definitely relate to the desire to be self employed. I've only maintained two jobs for 5-6 months. Both of which were very independent positions.
I actually LOVE working, but I just suddenly feel so out of control one day and its all over. Its getting harder and harder to find places to hire me because of my awful work history :(