PDA

View Full Version : Not sure how to begin

assilem
10-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Hello

I've never done a forum like this before so I'm not sure how to start. It's a bit strange for me to talk about this stuff with strangers so this is really hard for me. But I had anxiety depression disorder, I'm not medicated as I have other medical complications and didn't like the meds when I was on them.
I've been dealing with this for 15 years and yesterday had an episode that broke my usual controls and set me back quite away. I haven't had such negative thoughts in such a long time and didn't want to drop this on my family as they are going through a lot themselves and are partly the cause. So here I am.

Not the best into I've ever given and I see a lot of people who need help far more than me.

tailspin
10-10-2013, 03:30 PM
Hi assilem. Welcome to the site! It's good to meet you! This is a great place to share experiences and give and receive support. You deserve help just as much as anyone else, so I'm really glad you're here! Look forward to seeing you around!

kgzbv
10-11-2013, 05:16 PM
I am new here too. I am not medicated but am seeing a therapist. I too feel odd talking about this with others. However, I think it can be really helpful (also really hoping so). I am normally so scared and anxious that my stomach is contracted like all knotted up and I want to scream. I have a hard time finding people to talk to about what I am thinking.