PDA

View Full Version : Feeling nirmal causes me anxiety...

Kmann1969
10-10-2013, 08:55 AM
I've had anxiety panic for 26 years , now a new part of this revolving cycle of anxiety is that when I feel normal and I don't feel my heart pounding or I don't have palps it's so not the norm for me I start getting anxious... Haha . It's just crazy!!! I'm coping but wow... Anybody relate??

Kmann1969
10-10-2013, 08:55 AM
Normal*****

HealthAnxNut
10-10-2013, 09:35 AM
It is REALLY hard not to think about anxiety all the time, when you've become accustomed to thinking about anxiety all the time! I think it's one of those things that will take some training of our brains, to let it go when it's not there. For me, it takes TOTAL distraction. This is definitely one of those things I don't mention to non-anxiety people, because they would KNOW how crazy I am!! lol :)

tailspin
10-10-2013, 03:40 PM
I can relate! And I totally agree with what HealthAnxNut says. For me also I think it's because, even when I'm not feeling anxious, there's a part of me that's just waiting for the anxiety to strike again. So even when I'm not actively anxious, the anxiety disorder still has me in it's grip. Someone else here described it as living in the shadow of a scary monster. And that's about right!! Even when the anxiety isn't breathing down my throat, it's still lurking somewhere in the background! As HealthAnxNut says, we have to work at re-training our brains in this regard!!

Good to hear that you are back to feeling normal some of the time though, Kmann!

chewie90
10-11-2013, 12:45 AM
I've had anxiety panic for 26 years , now a new part of this revolving cycle of anxiety is that when I feel normal and I don't feel my heart pounding or I don't have palps it's so not the norm for me I start getting anxious... Haha . It's just crazy!!! I'm coping but wow... Anybody relate??

I relate to this as well I've been anxiety free for about 3 weeks now and still feel weird lol but I'm doing better at coping with it but still have my moments where i ask "is this real?" I couldn't work for 3 months due to the anxiety in public but now I'm back at trying to get a job which I will tomorrow. Wish u the best of luck :)

yurmom
10-11-2013, 09:44 AM
This totally describes me right now. I'd been feeling very detached from my body for so long and that suddenly went away. I should be glad, but I'm not. Being able to feel my body again just seems strange because I'm not used to it. I feel incredibly heavy and wobbly. I feel like there's a cobra hiding inside me, ready to strike.

nkemery
10-11-2013, 11:35 AM
I definitely get what you mean. If I'm in a place in my life where I'm expecting anxiety and it doesn't happen, I start wondering why I'm not anxious and feeling so abnormal that I get all worked up over NOT having anxiety. Craziest thing I've ever felt, so glad I'm not alone

sweetypie
10-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Yesterday, I wasn't as anxious as normal and I kept feeling like it was some kind of trick. And now today, I keep expecting the anxiety to hit me.

I hate when I think "I am normal today. Yay. Maybe my anxiety is going away." Because for some reason I start panicking again just because I thought about my anxiety at all.

KitahD
10-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Totally get it. I'll feel fine then wonder if others think I'm acting fine or if my words sound strange. Then I start to obsess about feeling normal when perhaps I actual appear abnormal to others.