PDA

View Full Version : Here i go again

xxcraigiexx
10-09-2013, 08:10 PM
Once I think I have finally got a hold on my anxiety a new fear comes to take its place. My new fear...PEANUT BUTTER!!! Or any other kind of nut. Come on!!! It all started when someone in my town died from a anaphylactic reaction to peanut butter. I have eaten it my whole life but now when i smell it I get sent into a panic attack. When people eat it i need to be in another room. I don't know how to beat this. I guess in the end I should just accept that if peanuts are going to be the thing that kills me then so be it... I don't know how else to go about it. :(

neo080
10-09-2013, 08:23 PM
Go to the store and by some peanut butter. Go home, eat it! Its really not that bad :P

onebreathatatime
10-09-2013, 08:37 PM
If you have always eaten it, you should really just eat some and then your mind will realize you aren't going to die or have a reaction. I went through a similar situation when I went to Boston in the summer, I have always loved seafood but for some reason being away from home I was doubting the fact that I could and normally would eat it, and being in Boston you have to have Clam Chowder lol, so I ordered a bowl took a couple spoonfuls and waited, eventually I realized "nothing is going to happen" lol.

For some reason we always see what happens to others as what will happen to us, which normally doesn't happen.

frankzito
10-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Eat a big spoonful, it's so good