PDA

View Full Version : Tapering questions:(

patchezzzz
10-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Hey everyone! If you've read some of my posts, you probably know I've been trying to taper off of Wellbutrin SR. The first time I tried it, I tapered way too fast. Withing 4 days I had gone from 100mg tablets twice a day, to one 50mg tablet once a day, and then nothing. The effects were... Terrifying. I remember just waking up and feeling SO tired and the most depressed I had ever felt in my life. I was crying all day and contemplating suicide so I have in and took the full dose of the pill. Within two hours, the depression had subsided! I talked to my mom and she told me to span the tapering out over a month and a half period of time. So I just got down to 25mg and even though the effects are not NEARLY as bad as they were the first time, I still feel some minor depression, heightened anxiety, heightened fatigue, and my STUPID DEREALIZATION IS WORSE. (This symptom is by far my worst and most feared. I've had it for a little less than a year and it's been constant, no matter what). I'm just asking anybody who has tapered from a medication... When do the effects go away? They're minor but fuck, they're still there and I can't handle depression very well.

Also, I've heard from many people that derealization does subside but it subsides so slowly, you don't even know it's going away. Is that true? And are there ways I can speed up the process? I'm done with this anxiety, I need to fight back HARD now.

Thanks for reading:) (and commenting)

newzie
10-09-2013, 12:03 PM
I would really talk to your doc about the tapering and discuss any symptoms you feel during the process. As far derealization is concerned, I experience this as well, but the more you think about it the worse it gets, especially since you fear it. It is just a common symptom of anxiety and general rumination and introspection.

The trick to getting rid of it is accepting it as a symptom of fear/anxiety and that it is completely natural. Once you accept and you find yourself thinking about it less and less and then suddenly it rarely ever pops into your mind and when it does it holds no 'sting.' It sounds much easier to do than it is, but it is just another anxiety symptom like people thinking they heart issues. When you think about it so much, it starts to 'trip' you out.

It is probably my number 1 issue at the moment, just trying to push it out of my mind. I wish I never read about it online a few weeks ago, because the moment I did, I started 'feeling' it more and more so. Us health anxs don't have it easy, that's for sure.

Good luck Patchez!

patchezzzz
10-09-2013, 01:16 PM
I would really talk to your doc about the tapering and discuss any symptoms you feel during the process. As far derealization is concerned, I experience this as well, but the more you think about it the worse it gets, especially since you fear it. It is just a common symptom of anxiety and general rumination and introspection. The trick to getting rid of it is accepting it as a symptom of fear/anxiety and that it is completely natural. Once you accept and you find yourself thinking about it less and less and then suddenly it rarely ever pops into your mind and when it does it holds no 'sting.' It sounds much easier to do than it is, but it is just another anxiety symptom like people thinking they heart issues. When you think about it so much, it starts to 'trip' you out. It is probably my number 1 issue at the moment, just trying to push it out of my mind. I wish I never read about it online a few weeks ago, because the moment I did, I started 'feeling' it more and more so. Us health anxs don't have it easy, that's for sure. Good luck Patchez!Ive gotten to the point where I can ignore it and accept it most of the time. It's just that 20% that keeps me there. I'm just so scared because I've heard people can have it their whole lives:( mine is better than it was but I don't know if that's just me being used to it or not:( I'll definitely set up an appointment about the wellbutrin.:) thank you for the kind, calming words.