PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty reading

Mies
10-09-2013, 08:20 AM
Hi, I've had a general anxiety disorder for 9 months. Thankfully things are, with the right medicine,starting to get a little better. However, one thing that I'm still struggling with is reading. Every time I try to read for more than a few minutes, my symptoms are brought on: tension, hot flush and an 'edgy' feeling. Anybody experienced something similar? Or any tips on how I can overcome this?
Thanks

jessed03
10-09-2013, 08:21 AM
What do you read, anything that gets you slightly tense? Newspaper, self help book etc?

Mies
10-09-2013, 08:47 AM
I'm pretty sure it can be pretty much can be when i'm reading anything. Strangely when I'm eating something it isn't as bad; the distraction element probably helps.

sweetypie
10-09-2013, 11:02 AM
I am the same way! It takes a lot of concentration to read and it's easy to tune out the words and let your mind wander and think about things you are upset about.

A lot of times when I am super anxious, the only way I can distract myself is by doing something physical-like working out or cleaning. Because the mental things, like reading and stuff make it worse.