PDA

View Full Version : Heart Rate correlate with Blood Pressure?

onebreathatatime
10-08-2013, 06:11 PM
I'm curious, do these two go hand in hand? If my pulse is low, does that mean my blood pressure is high or low? When I have a panic attack and my pulse is high so is my blood pressure, so do many other factors have to be involved to make these changes occur?

jessed03
10-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Aren't you a nurse? Shouldn't we be asking you :P

onebreathatatime
10-08-2013, 06:17 PM
Aren't you a nurse? Shouldn't we be asking you :P

No hahaha.. I should've been one, then I could answer all my own questions..lol.. I do work in a hospital though.

jessed03
10-08-2013, 06:24 PM
What do you do in the hospital? Admin and stuff? I gotta go tomorrow for a routine follow up with just a dietician. Dreading even that minor thing,how do you even manage to work in one?! Lol

onebreathatatime
10-08-2013, 06:29 PM
I'm a department clerk and I have no idea how I manage, I'm really anxious coming in to work every day! A follow up with a dietician wouldn't be so bad! lol

frankzito
10-08-2013, 06:34 PM
I would say if you have a low pulse and feel really comfy, you BP is good

jessed03
10-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Ah ok. I'm quite glad, I read some of your heart questions and thought; 'hmm, shouldn't a nurse know this stuff? Don't ever get sick in Ontario!'

But like a clerk, well, thats forgiveable. I doubt any clerk has heart knowledge. Different fields of expertise!

Anyway, I don't really know the answer to your question, sorry. I just had a one liner I wanted to use....

'Im sure you're gonna overcome this heart anxiety... Onebeatatatime!' :D

Blessed
10-08-2013, 07:49 PM
I'm curious, do these two go hand in hand? If my pulse is low, does that mean my blood pressure is high or low? When I have a panic attack and my pulse is high so is my blood pressure, so do many other factors have to be involved to make these changes occur? when I researched this I was under impression they do not coincide with each other as they are two different functions. But I do find if my anxiety is thru the roof, 90 percent if the time my heart rate and bp are also high. This lady I know her bp runs approximately 140/100 and heart rate rate is in 60s. I think each persons makeup is different. Sorry I hope this helped you