PDA

View Full Version : New and curious

IzzyLynn
10-08-2013, 02:12 PM
My name is Melissa and I've been dealing with social anxiety since I was about 13. Normally I'm too afraid to join a board, or share what I'm feeling but lately I have had too many questions about what other people with anxiety feel. I'm just starting a new round of college courses and maybe I'm just feeling vulnerable, but I don't know what is wrong anymore.

Increasingly I'm having moments where I just feel disconnected. Out of nowhere, I don't feel like I belong. I don't feel like I belong with my family, I don't feel like I belong with my boyfriend. The urge is to grab my things and go. My breathing gets shaky, my head feels "loose". The weirdest thing is that this isn't a heavy feeling. It isn't crushing, like when I'm afraid.

Is this part of anxiety, or is it something else? I know there must be other people who feel this, but I've never wanted to ask. Even when I was 8 these moments were intensely private. I just can't handle them anymore.

jessed03
10-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Yeah, that's anxiety alright :)

Have you tried the social anxiety forum? It's a lot more geared towards social anxiety specifically. Not that you aren't welcome here or anything :)

Have you tried any meds? Sometimes improving serotonin can relax you, and make you a little more comfortable in social situations. It is the feel good chemical, afterall!