PDA

View Full Version : melanoma scare?

newtothis
12-16-2007, 08:26 PM
At the end of November I went to the dermatologist because i noticed what i thought were two suspicious moles. The dermatologist actually said they looked perfectly fine, but she wants to have 4 other moles removed. The problem is, that appointment isn't until the beginning of January. I asked her medical assistant who was in the room during the exam if they should be taken off that day or at least sooner if melanoma was expected. The medical assistant said if the doctor was really worried or thought it looked really suspicious, she would haven taken them off that day.

I found this doctor through my insurance, and her (along with her practice) were voted one of the best practices in my city (very large metropolitan city). I completely trust her ( i checked her credentials, she attended Yale med school), but i cannot STAND this waiting. I'm driving myself crazy. One of the moles is on my chest and very noticeable and so i see it often which only reminds me of the situation. It's small , all one color, and pretty round, but black- which really REALLY scares me because i was always told that was the worst. How do i get through these next few weeks without ruining the holidays with my worry??