PDA

View Full Version : who wants to be friends?

ImChad
10-08-2013, 02:22 AM
Hi everyone, I've been a member here for probably 6 months or so but I haven't posted in a while. I moved to Denver Colorado a month ago bcuz I figured I'd be happy here. I start a new job tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous but not too bad. It's a telemarketing job... Just going to see how it goes. I don't know anyone here and really don't have any friends. I've moved too much and lost contact with all my old high school friends. I still suffer from anxiety but thankfully I don't get daily panic attacks anymore. Anyways, surprisingly I'm starting to get a little lonely. I miss having a couple close friends to call during the day and just talk about life etc and help each other with problems. I feel like I could really help a lot of you suffering from anxiety since I've gone through it for a couple years and by helping someone i think it could help me work through my own issues.

I hope this doesn't seem pathetic, looking for friends on an anxiety forum but I really don't think it is. We all have one big thing in common, anxiety. Anyways, feel free to shoot me a PM or something. I love to text/kik and I miss those late night deep conversations. Hope everyone has a good night and wish me luck tomorrow! :/

NeverToo...Fear
10-08-2013, 07:14 AM
Hi Chad, glad you've been doing better.

I don't think it's pathetic to seek friends here..I mean, like you said, we've all got one big thing in common, so we all really have this unsaid understanding that everyone of us here can relate to..so I'd say you're in the right place in looking for a friend :) Good luck to your new telemarketing job...I hope it doesn't suck too bad. :P

ImChad
10-08-2013, 07:22 AM
Hi Chad, glad you've been doing better.

I don't think it's pathetic to seek friends here..I mean, like you said, we've all got one big thing in common, so we all really have this unsaid understanding that everyone of us here can relate to..so I'd say you're in the right place in looking for a friend :) Good luck to your new telemarketing job...I hope it doesn't suck too bad. :P

Thanks! I'm pretty nervous about it actually.. I could barely sleep last night.. Think I slept like 3 hours :/

tailspin
10-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Good luck with you new job, Chad! Let us know how it goes! I really enjoy posting here and getting to know other people and having meaningful exchanges of experiences and ideas!

trinidiva
10-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Hope you had a great first day! Yes, I think most of us are looking to talk with othee people who GET us...and some of the issues we face.

sweetypie
10-08-2013, 01:50 PM
I'll be your friend. I honestly don't think I can relate to people who don't have anxiety anymore anyway.

Dweeb
10-08-2013, 01:53 PM
I'll be ur friend :) i dont feel that my 'friends' are even friends anymore cuz they really dont understand what i'm going through they just all tell me to stop being silly and enjoy life! Easier said than done when you have anxiety

sweetypie
10-08-2013, 02:13 PM
I'll be ur friend :) i dont feel that my 'friends' are even friends anymore cuz they really dont understand what i'm going through they just all tell me to stop being silly and enjoy life! Easier said than done when you have anxiety

Blech. This is why it's so difficult for me to tell new people I meet that I have anxiety.

Dweeb
10-08-2013, 02:15 PM
I dont tend to tell anyone apart from people ikno i can trust and thats mostly my family and 1 true friend