PDA

View Full Version : help me please

anupam619
10-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Iam a 22 year old from India. Before 5 months my grandfather got passed away and after few days of that incident at night I suddenly got up with cut off of breath and I ran out and started to calm down but I couldnt and I had shortness of breath about a month with huge burps . Later I feared alot and my heart beat got faster and my vision was blurry . Still I have heart beats fast and blurry vision and iam very much feared that as if iam going with some dangerous disease. I cant go far places leaving my home . My mind will running and feared that as if I will faint and no 1 will secure me . Please help . And iam not having any breathing problem now . Please help me what to do and what it is happening with me

sweetypie
10-07-2013, 01:16 PM
You are having a panic attack. A panic attack is when you're so upset about something, you start feeling physical symptoms like shortness of breath, blurry vision, and rapid heart beat.

You are not dying. Panic attacks aren't going to kill you, it just feels like they are going to. You feel like you've lost all control and they are very scary.

This probably happened because your grandfather died and that made you feel loss and also think about mortality, which is a very scary subject for pretty much all of us on this forum.

tailspin
10-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Hi anupam, Welcome to the site! I'm very sorry for the loss of your grandfather. I agree with sweetypie that the passing of your grandfather has likely triggered these panic attacks. When my father passed away I became much more fearful about my own health and mortality, and my anxiety increased greatly. It can be very helpful to talk to someone about this, for example, a therapist or counselor. Joining this site is also a very good move as there is a lot of helpful information here. I hope it helps you to spend some time here, anupam!