PDA

View Full Version : popularity

maddie mccarty
10-06-2013, 08:13 PM
I know it sounds silly but I think everyone inside has a want to be popular. and I know I do, I can't help but notice all of the popular girls getting all the attention... I don't mean to sound cocky but I am a pretty girl and I used to be very popular but got tired of always having to keep my "status" and realized it wasn't worth it. that's when I strayed away from my click and just
like that became a loner. I say I don't care and act like a don't care but inside I really do, but know I shouldn't. I went from queen bee to loser in .5 seconds and now I only sit with 2 people at lunch... I feel like I have such a hard time making friends and don't know how to relate to people and am constantly getting jealous and I also think this is making me extremely depressed... help please

lostcause
10-07-2013, 07:31 PM
What happen that made you want to change?

maddie mccarty
10-07-2013, 08:01 PM
What happen that made you want to change?

I got sick of my "friends" always making fun of people I've become to bored with that stuff for a while and it's just mean

tailspin
10-07-2013, 09:50 PM
I got sick of my "friends" always making fun of people I've become to bored with that stuff for a while and it's just mean

I think it's so great that you recognize how petty and childish and just plain mean it is to behave the way your "friends" do. Huge props to you! I'm sorry you are now feeling like an outsider. Taking a stand can feel very lonely at first. And it's definitely not silly to want to have friends and be popular. That's natural. I'm glad you have two friends to sit with at lunch. And I bet a lot of people respect you for breaking away from the bitchy "in" crowd. I'm sure you will make new friends, Maddie. It is possible to be popular and kind. How much longer will be you be at that school? Once you get out into the wider world and are exposed to more people, you will make true friends who share your values.