PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss? Help

rellako
10-05-2013, 07:08 AM
I know I read this on google a lot of times. But can anxiety really cause one to lose weight? Any anxiety sufferer out there suffer from weight loss? If so, how many within how long? I'm suffering from health anxiety and post traumatic stress disorder. Not taking medication. Been battling this horrible feelings for 5 months. I'm so helpless :(

Also, I realize recently I have been moodless, upset and short tempered. Cos anxiety worsen to depression?

sweetypie
10-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Anxiety can definitely cause you to lose weight because it can cause you to lose your appetite. It's happened to me before, where I couldn't eat, I even vomited when I forced myself to eat something because my stomach was too nervous (along with my brain) to handle it.

And anxiety can definitely worsen or even CAUSE depression. About a year ago, I was suicidal over my anxiety. I wrote suicide notes and almost drove off the mountain I live on a few times. And the only thing I was depressed over was whether or not my anxiety would ever go away.

I'm no longer suicidal now, I'm better, but I've had a few bouts of depression where I hated my life and everything seemed darker and I wasn't interested in any of the usual stuff.

rellako
10-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Anxiety can definitely cause you to lose weight because it can cause you to lose your appetite. It's happened to me before, where I couldn't eat, I even vomited when I forced myself to eat something because my stomach was too nervous (along with my brain) to handle it.

And anxiety can definitely worsen or even CAUSE depression. About a year ago, I was suicidal over my anxiety. I wrote suicide notes and almost drove off the mountain I live on a few times. And the only thing I was depressed over was whether or not my anxiety would ever go away.

I'm no longer suicidal now, I'm better, but I've had a few bouts of depression where I hated my life and everything seemed darker and I wasn't interested in any of the usual stuff.

Thank you sweetypie for your reply. Me too, I'm married with 2 kids, holding a full time. all these moodless, upset thoughts can be really getting on my way. it's great to knew that you are getting better :) what treatment did you seek? im seeing a psychiatrist tomorrow.

sweetypie
10-06-2013, 09:05 PM
I've been seeing a therapist and doing cognitive behavioral therapy. Just don't be surprised if you have ups and downs, I have them regularly. I had a really bad down about a week and a half ago, for instance. I even have ups and downs during the course of only one day, lol. I had like 2 ups and 2 downs just today in total.

rellako
10-06-2013, 09:55 PM
I've been seeing a therapist and doing cognitive behavioral therapy. Just don't be surprised if you have ups and downs, I have them regularly. I had a really bad down about a week and a half ago, for instance. I even have ups and downs during the course of only one day, lol. I had like 2 ups and 2 downs just today in total.

great to hear that you are recovering :) way to go!