PDA

View Full Version : So fed up

kays
10-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Hi in new to this forum I feel I need to talk with someone about this I am so fed up with it now I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks now I'm feeling depressed from the minute I wake up to the minute I go to sleep I'm in a panic mode it's actually making me exhausted now! Can anyone tell me if they see a therapist instead of taking medication I don't want to go down that route, although I do take propanalol wen I feel tensed if seems to help for a hour max someone please help how to go back to normality I haven't suffered for years now this summer it's back! And getting worse I just want to be happy again :(

lee2
10-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Kays!! -your not alone...I promise u....and if it dont get better then you might have to look into medicine....so I suffered when I was younger and they wanted me to be on meds and I said no...now about 10yrs later it hit me...4 months ago..I.woke up gagging, very anxious,nervous..like uncontrollable anxious the ugliest feeling ever...unable to function ...think clearly,decision...I can't explain...lost 20 pounds....not me..I have two boys...my life and I am suffering so bad......I pray for all who suffer

HealthAnxNut
10-04-2013, 10:15 AM
I went to see a therapist for a year and a half, and it was one of the best things ever for me. I didn't take meds at the time (that was 5 years ago) but I am now at the point where I've become too tired to handle it on my own. The thing that convinced me was my dr saying I might need them for a few years, but eventually may feel good enough to get off of them. The reality is, my quality of life was not good, and we are here to be happy, so I'm trying something new. I spent years avoiding meds because I didn't think it would help, and because I saw it as poison, but it's not any better to constantly be stressed. That is just as harmful, if not more, for your body. I know how you feel! :(