PDA

View Full Version : Ativan and weird effects

Velrose
12-10-2007, 10:57 AM
OK... I am going to make this short and sweet. (I think.) I'm on ativan, and I was instructed by my Dr. to take it basically when I feel an attack going on, or when I have the invasive thoughts that lead me to trembling in fear. I had a question about something, and I would like to know if this a normal thing...

Usually, my anxiety is at it's worst right before bed (when my husband leaves for work..) and so my Dr. told me to take it then, that it would help me sleep easier. And well... it does... but I don't like taking it all of the time if I don't have to. HOWEVER--

I have noticed when I DON'T take the ativan at night before bed, I have the strangest dreams...weird subject matter, usually leading into a mild nightmare. The funny thing is... the dreams are so vivid... so clear... I remember the tiniest details of the dreams. The reason this is strange for me, is before, I NEVER remembered my dreams--I mean, it is honestly been months since I remember one of my dreams.

On top of that, I usually wake in the middle of the nightmare/dream with an incredible headache the encompasses my entire head. Sitting up is the only way to relieve it.

Is this normal? Whether it is or not, I am talking to my Dr. about it tomorrow... I would appreciate any input you guys could give me!

Robbed
12-13-2007, 06:04 PM
This is normal. Anxiety conditions often make for more vivid and disturbing dreams. Also, if you are taking Ativan with any kind of regularity, not taking it can cause rebound effects such as even more vivid and disturbing dreams.