PDA

View Full Version : Impending doom/health anxiety ugh

Forrest Owl
10-02-2013, 04:36 PM
But ever since my mother in law passed away my health anxiety has gone through the roof, I have this horrible impending do like something is going to happen to me and then that's it for me. my mom passed away at 38 from complications with Crohns so I am worried I may take after her with something. I exercise 5 times a week, eat healthy, go to the doc when I am suppose to and I stay up to date on any physicals or exams I have to do, I am a good weigh (130) and I am 29 years old. I just cant shake this feeling that I am going to to gone sometime soon. I am shaky all the time now, and feel like I am going to cry, I get this overwhelming horrible doom that this horrible thing is going to happen at any moment, I haven't had this kind of panic/anxiety for 4 years now. I can not see a therapist since we don't have mental health insurance and our normal insurance does not cover it. I am a mom and wife and this feeling is getting in the way. my husband says I am perfectly fine and that Ill end up like all my fam in their 90s but really do genes really play a huge role? and its hard to talk to people about how I feel because they all say Oh Kristin its just your health anxiety and its started because of the situation you just went through, ugh

katander
10-03-2013, 01:16 AM
I can relate to your anxiety as ever since a friend of ours passed away several years ago I have developed Health anxiety. It becomes manageable and then someone else we know dies or is diagnosed with cancer and it starts again. Then I get all kinds of crazy symptoms and have major anxiety I am going to die. I also worry constantly about my family. What I have found helps besides Ativan is seeing a therapist and prayer. Through this all my relationship with God
has reached a new level. Also try, as hard as it is, to use self talk and talk your self down from the anxiety. Remember you are not alone and you won't die from this (I keep reminding myself)!!

Ssh
10-03-2013, 02:59 AM
Do not worry you are not in this alone , theres not a second that goes by where i dont think something bad will happen.You just have to convince your self everything will be okay ( even though its hard) but really everything always ends up being ok .. Good luck

rellako
10-03-2013, 03:35 AM
Hi, I have the same issues as well and you ain't alone. I been to numerous doctors, I saw a medical professional almost every week just to assure myself I'm fine. Sigh. I'm seeing a psychiatrist next week. I'm hoping it will do some help.

HealthAnxNut
10-03-2013, 09:22 AM
Hi Kristen! Do you not have any free programs for counseling over there, where you can get some help? If not, perhaps your primary doctor could help you a bit? I'm sorry that happened to you. I lost my sister at age 46 last week, and it's been all I can do to not go completely insane. My anxiety is health-related as well. It's so hard not to think about it, when it's staring you in the face. But try to remember, that is someone else's journey. The best thing you can do for your own health and life expectancy is to reduce the amount of stress you have. Maybe your dr would recommend an anti-anxiety or anti-depressant that might help you get through this rough patch? I'm so sorry for your losses.

Forrest Owl
10-03-2013, 03:50 PM
thanks I am sorry for your loss as well, I read your post. hopefully it will pass soon with how I feel right now I am just petrified