PDA

View Full Version : A question for Anxiety veterins

Olive Yew
10-02-2013, 03:53 PM
So i've been feeling a lot better the past two weeks. The lifestyle changes i've made have helped me a lot. However I still get odd symptoms from time to time that feel like... Idk... Watered down versions of anxiety if that makes sense? Like my head feels just barely swimmy.... Like just enough that it's noticeable... My tummy is just barely uncomfy to where I cant tell if i'm nauseous or hungry. I keep getting hot flashes. My heart will pick up speed on occasion but not bad. I've been tired lately but not the "i cant function" tired. And every once in a while I'll get muscle spazms/pain Just little things like that.
Has this happened to anyone else? Does this mean I'm on the mend?

Olive Yew
10-02-2013, 04:20 PM
WOOHOO!!! Thank you!!!!

frankzito
10-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Id have to agree, but it can creep up again. Usually it gets easier and easier though. Still not perfect here, after almost two years

Olive Yew
10-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Yeah they say you never really get RID of it but it can go into like a remission period

Olive Yew
10-02-2013, 04:45 PM
Thank you. I know a big part that's helped is when I stopped being depressed that I had it and was just like "mkay this is just part of me now, and I am strong enough to overcome". And that (with a lifestyle change and lots of vitamin supplements) is what's helped me start to recover.

frankzito
10-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Yeah they say you never really get RID of it but it can go into like a remission period

Yes, and you kinda learn to live with it. So far any way lol

rainbow1
10-02-2013, 05:21 PM
Sounds like you could do with watching a TED I like. Google TED then search making stress your friend. It's a talk. I couldn't get a link to copy as its an app too.

newzie
10-02-2013, 06:50 PM
It really sounds like you are on your way to being healed!

Any chance you can share what you have been taking/doing to feel better?

alankay
10-02-2013, 07:12 PM
You are possibly over monitoring yourself so it occurs to you to "think" you might notice this or that. Part of anxiety's not so funny game but once you're on to it and see how it works, it helps allot. I just promise myself never to pay too much attention to how I feel(or think/fear I feel) at any given moment. I now know if something's wrong, I won't think it or fear it, I'll know something's wrong which is not often the case at all. Alankay.

Olive Yew
10-02-2013, 09:02 PM
You are possibly over monitoring yourself so it occurs to you to "think" you might notice this or that. Part of anxiety's not so funny game but once you're on to it and see how it works, it helps allot. I just promise myself never to pay too much attention to how I feel(or think/fear I feel) at any given moment. I now know if something's wrong, I won't think it or fear it, I'll know something's wrong which is not often the case at all. Alankay.

Yeah i know i do that a lot. I've been trying to break myself of constantly checking in

Lin
10-02-2013, 09:50 PM
It does sound as if your symptoms are getting a lot better. If you keep a diary you can tell which days you have really good days, and you will soon realise that you are getting more good days than bad days.

Well done, I hope you continue getting better. But don't let any little slip put you back too far as you often go backwards now and again before going forward again.

Olive Yew
10-02-2013, 09:59 PM
It does sound as if your symptoms are getting a lot better. If you keep a diary you can tell which days you have really good days, and you will soon realise that you are getting more good days than bad days. Well done, I hope you continue getting better. But don't let any little slip put you back too far as you often go backwards now and again before going forward again.

Thank you :) Tuesdays and Thursdays tend to be my fall back days for some reason but hopefully i'll quench that. :) I still have issues driving long distances but I'm working on that....

NeverToo...Fear
10-03-2013, 05:45 AM
This was a good question, Olive as it was something I was wondering myself recently...I'm on the mend after a terrible bout, and have like a light version of anxiety going on-- but I didn't know whether I was going to continue getting better or it was going to turn for the worse (because when I was feeling better before, for a short period of time, it would still come back to bite me badly) But as the days go on, I'm noticing more good days than bad (as it also helps to not keep obsessively thinking about it as well)....reading this thread and other ppls comments really make me feel better in hopes that things do get better. Obviously knowing it will never fully go away, but like go into hibernation or something like that, but it just helps to deal in case it comes creeping back up to crazy mode again....anyways, more importantly, I'm super glad you are feeling better ! Hopefully more good days than bad days are in store for you :)

HealthAnxNut
10-03-2013, 09:09 AM
Thank you. I know a big part that's helped is when I stopped being depressed that I had it and was just like "mkay this is just part of me now, and I am strong enough to overcome". And that (with a lifestyle change and lots of vitamin supplements) is what's helped me start to recover.

That's a great state of mind, and great step forward. It's so hard for us to accept that this is the way we are, and may always be. It's hard to accept there is often nothing medically wrong with us to cause all the symptoms. It's just our brains. That was very difficult for me, as I was always a sort of mind-over-matter thinker. However, I can still use those skills, I just need a little help. I'm glad you are starting to feel better!!

Olive Yew
10-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Thank you :) and it wasn't an easy thing to achieve! I have a really fabulous support team and a lot of prayer. It's nothing I can do on my own.