PDA

View Full Version : Upset and annoyed?

petrified
10-02-2013, 01:01 PM
I've been feeling great since Sunday then wham one text accusing me of lying has knocked me down. I'm sitting here in tears over something really silly really but I just don't want to be made out to be liar! I feel like I'm the one who's done something wrong and I'm apologising when I no what the truth is. I now feel that everything is going to go wrong. That this is going to be start of everything going wrong and it's going to get worse from here. I no it's probably just another side of my anxiety as for once I don't think I'm dying. Now I'm just fearful everyone is going to fall out with me now and everyone will hate me and start talking behind my back :-( it also involves my son and I'm fearful it's going to affect him too. My husband is my witness to that I wasn't lying as he heard too but I'm really doubting myself and its eating me up. I've never been like this before and I don't no why I'm thinking like this :-( sorry for ranting just needed to get it off my chest :-(

Olive Yew
10-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Oh hun it'll be okay. What you described is what social anxiety is: fearing that others will judge you/ditch you over the decisions, lifestyle, or choices you make. You need to see (and I know this is easier said than done) that one person's misunderstanding wont be your downfall. This may even be an opportunity to see who your true friends are. Those who stick with you and are supportive are the keepers. The others arent worth having around if they arent even going to hear your side and support you.

Just remember: A tiger never loses sleep over the opinions of a sheep. You have your husband and your son and I bet several more people who will stand by you and believe in you. You wont be alone at the end of this. :) plus you have all of us misfits on here who think you're great.

tailspin
10-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Hi Hannah, I'm sorry you got that rotten text!! So glad your hubby witnessed everything so that he can reassure you whenever any doubts creep in! I totally agree with what Olive Yew writes above, and I love her post.

Since you are just now starting to feel better you are naturally still fragile and I completely understand how getting a nasty text like this would throw you for a loop. But you know in your heart that what you said was true, and your hubby and son - the most important people! - know it too. Anyone who sends nasty texts obviously has some issues of their own so try not to let this person's agenda undermine your good feelings, because their issues are their issues! So stay strong and keep on getting better and hopefully this will all blow over quickly!!

NeverToo...Fear
10-03-2013, 05:31 AM
Yeah, don't let the negative things bring you down..you know what's true and isn't and you have people that love you (like your husband) that knows it too! Obviously it's natural to worry about negative things people say, but I wouldn't give it any attention. There's no reason to give the person who sent that more fire for their fuel.
And when there are people that do that to me, I like to twist it around and learn from the pain and stress they caused me and make myself a better person in the end...best of luck to you, Hannah ! Stay positive and know that we support you :)

HealthAnxNut
10-03-2013, 09:17 AM
Stand your ground hun!! I know how you feel all too well. When I was younger, that would have torn my whole world down... and did!! I can't count how many times I had that sick pit in my stomach, feeling like the worst person in the world, over one person's opinion. I refuse to let any one person tear my world down anymore. You stand your ground, say what you have to say, and get it done with as quickly as possible. Offer to let your husband be your witness, and that's the best you can do. I would refuse to discuss it anymore, and let it go. I really feel for you, as I've said, I have been there so many times, but I got to the point where I said ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, and stopped caring what other people think so much. You can get there hun, I know it!! xx