PDA

View Full Version : One oy my Biggest Symtoms?? Floating??

Jcsmith0817
10-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Hi Everyone, I have got used too all my feelings of anxiety finally and have toned down a bit on the feelings but the one feeling that still gets too me all the time everyday is a feeling as if I am "floating". This feeling is very complex and hard too describe but from what my doctor and ENT doctor has told me, it could be all from Anxiety or possibly Vertigo.

This is how I feel, when I am standing in one spot too long I feel as if I am losing feeling in my legs and feet and feel like I am about too fall over or faint and need to lean on something.. also sitting down I get this feeling.. and laying down helps me the best to not feel this way at all, also when walking I feel like I am leaning too a side or sometimes when I take a step it feels as I am sinking. I feel like my body is swaying and at times when its really bad I can stand completely still eyes open or closed and feel like I lose complete feeling in my lower body and everything around me is shaking especially the ground then I get slightly dizzy focusing on it too much.. especially at my jobs, I work two jobs, I stand in one spot for hours because I work at a bank and a golf course and it seems like it gets worse in standing or It could be I focus too much on it and the fear takes over and makes it worse.. I do notice when I don't think about it at all I feel better but its always on my mind in someway..

especially when I lean forward I feel it get worse..

I am just wondering if anyone else can relate too this feeling because its horrible and scared me as all of my blood test come back great and the ct and mri scans are positive,

I just want too know if anyone else is experiencing the same symptom!!

This would so ease my anxiety and help a lot! Thank you!!
This battle over anxiety has been a tough one but I will overcome it!

shelley15
10-02-2013, 04:41 PM
I can totally relate to this, I fell like I'm floating and when I walk I feel really off balance like a magnet is pulling me to one side and I want to hold on to something then it feels like I'm sinking when I walk and my eyes go extremely blurry, which then sets me off to have a huge panic attack so I can't go out anymore incase I fall over or faint. It's even worse when I'm in a shop or an open space. I've had blood tests and everything has come back fine and its been put down to anxiety.

Jcsmith0817
10-02-2013, 08:55 PM
It's so great too hear from someone who feels the same, its such a horrible feeling and makes life harder and more scarier, blurry vision is what I get, foggy brain and hot. its such a horrible feeling!

Does your linger all day or is it just here and there, for me it feels like it all day
!

rhar
10-02-2013, 10:37 PM
I get this all day long. I also find I that's to concentrate on anything because my head just feels so horrible all day long.

I too feel off balance when walking and if I just think about that feeling it becomes worse and then I get panicky. I get no rest from it

Jcsmith0817
10-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the reply Rhar, it sucks feeling like this all day! some days are worse then others!

Does yours feel worse standing still?

rhar
10-03-2013, 12:35 AM
Yep worse standing still and sitting down. I feel like I need to keep moving or I will pass out.

I am always exhausted. I get these odd head rushes it's really hard to describe but it's terrifying.

blondieqtpie
10-03-2013, 01:08 AM
I don't get this from my anxiety but have known others who do. Everyone's anxiety symptoms are different. In college one of my fellow students had anxiety similar to this, and her panic attacks would make her pass right out.
I have had anxiety so bad where I feel dizzy or like I needed to get away. But in think whatever you feel with anxiety you need to accept that. And work on it. Find ways to calm down. And what works on one person may not work on another.
My anxiety vices: wine, online shopping and my i phone. But I've had to learn to balance them all not to go in excess of any if them. Not always easy.
But know you are not alone. :)