PDA

View Full Version : CT Scan

str8trippin
10-02-2013, 08:22 AM
Has anyone else gotten a CT scan of the chest before? I'm horrified because my doctor ordered it with dye and I've been reading about some of the horrible side effects the dye can have and since I tend to react badly to most things, I'm not looking forward to it, and it's causing my anxiety to flare up, which I've been doing a GREAT job of managing. Just wanted to see if anyone had any experiences with this, or suggestions. By the way, I hope everyone here is doing well...it's been a long time since I was on the forum!

gemma1788
10-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Don't stress, the dye is very unlikely to give you a reaction, I probably give three dyes a day at work (I'm an ER nurse) and I am yet to see a bad reaction to it! You will have fluids to wash it out afterwards as well, all the best!!

str8trippin
10-02-2013, 11:44 AM
Don't stress, the dye is very unlikely to give you a reaction, I probably give three dyes a day at work (I'm an ER nurse) and I am yet to see a bad reaction to it! You will have fluids to wash it out afterwards as well, all the best!!

Thanks for your response, Gemma! It's reassuring to hear from someone first hand that reactions aren't typical. I keep reading about people who feel sick for days and have these horrible side effects....back aches and headaches and chills and hot flashes and dizziness and shaking....it's scary! I've never had to do something like this before and it completely freaks me out and I wasn't given very much information about it, just not to eat for 8 hours prior...but they didn't tell me if I have to drink something or if they'll inject the dye through an IV which is even more terrifying for me since needles are pretty my biggest fear. So my anxiety has skyrocketed since I picked up the order for the scan and have to get it on Friday.