PDA

View Full Version : Feels like I've gone insane

RT24
10-01-2013, 03:32 PM
So this symptom just keeps getting worse. I keep focusing on words and their sounds and how strange they sound to me. I understand what they mean and how to speak and how to write, but my mind keeps centering on the sounds and how odd they are now. It's loading down my mind and I feel like I'm going to be sick. It used to only happen once or twice a day, but now it's almost constant! I'm seeing a neurologist on Thursday, but I have no idea how to stop this. The only way seems to be sleeping or quieting my mind completely. And I can't just not think! I'm trying to stay calm but it's driving me up the wall. I can't stop panicking because I feel like I'll never stop doing this and I'll feel out of sorts all the time, every time I think.

I figured it was just a bit of derealization at first, but I feel in touch with what's around me otherwise. I don't understand why this is happening, and I don't think I'll be able to stop it! I can't seem to find anything on this anywhere else and it's terrifying me. My head feels all tight and I feel all nauseous and I feel like my life has grinded to a halt. I'm so scared.

RT24
10-01-2013, 03:59 PM
I hope it passes soon. I feel like I can't think because all I can focus on are the sounds and it's terrifying me. All I wanna do is cry, and I can't seem to find anyone else who experiences/has experienced it this badly. My therapist looked at me like I was insane when I told her.