PDA

View Full Version : Upper back pain/tension

1Laticia
10-01-2013, 12:12 PM
For almost a year I have been having pain/tension/discomfort in my shoulder like upper back! Have anyone else experience this before?

tailspin
10-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Yes, I have a lot of upper back pain and tension and I've had this for many years now. I spend a lot of time at the computer and I know this doesn't help. I try and remember to get up regularly and stretch. I also have a foam roller type thing which I use to really stretch out that area. Massage sometimes helps and some people are helped by a chiropractor. I would talk to your doctor and see about a referral to a physical therapist. They can show you some stretching exercises and make other suggestions too. Good luck!

1Laticia
10-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Like my shoulder this past week as been killing me and it's doesn't help that I prefer to sleep on that shoulder also

baokki
10-01-2013, 08:27 PM
I have been experiencing similar symptoms. For the past few months I get pain in my upper back that radiates down my arms. It feels like a sharp or cramping pain. I have heard that anxiety causes your muscles and tendons to stiffen up because your blood is becoming more acidic. I find that doing yoga in the morning helps relieve the pain. It burns a bit at first but you feel better throughout the day. Good luck!

-Josh

Dahila
10-01-2013, 09:53 PM
I have the tension pain for years, the worst in upper back, and muscle spasms. Cardio help me for that, or just biking.