PDA

View Full Version : Akethisia ???

jessy
09-30-2013, 11:08 PM
Has anyone here experienced this ???

:-(

tailspin
09-30-2013, 11:13 PM
Yes. It is awful. Really sorry if you are having this too.

Do you take any medication or did you recently increase it? Sometimes that can cause it. (Coming off medication can cause it too).

jessy
10-01-2013, 04:49 AM
I do have it from Venlafaxine . I've just seen my phcyc today & I've to gradually reduce the Venlafaxine over 2 weeks & start duloxetine instead . He's given me lorazapam to ease the awful affects :-(
Do you have this ???

tailspin
10-01-2013, 12:32 PM
I do have it from Venlafaxine . I've just seen my phcyc today & I've to gradually reduce the Venlafaxine over 2 weeks & start duloxetine instead . He's given me lorazapam to ease the awful affects :-(
Do you have this ???

Getting off the med that is causing it will definitely make the akathisia go away in time.

I don't have akathisia at the moment but I've had it previously and it's always been to do with medication. It's really horrible and I hope you find relief soon!

jessy
10-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Did it go when you stopped your meds ?

jessy
10-03-2013, 11:53 PM
I'm changing my meds from Venlafaxine to Cymbalta in 2 weeks & taking lorazapam to combat the akethisia in mean time

tailspin
10-04-2013, 12:03 AM
I'm changing my meds from Venlafaxine to Cymbalta in 2 weeks & taking lorazapam to combat the akethisia in mean time

That sounds like an excellent plan. The Ativan should really help, and once the Effexor is out of your system the akathisia should be gone for good. Hope the Cymbalta helps when you start that! Good luck to you!

jessy
10-04-2013, 07:30 AM
Thank you xx