PDA

View Full Version : Are your symptoms triggered by digestion/food?

HealthAnxNut
09-30-2013, 12:46 PM
I've noticed a pattern, where every day, about an hour or so after I eat, my anxiety symptoms are the worst. Isn't that strange?

Perses
09-30-2013, 01:01 PM
I wonder if that has to do with the upswing in energy that your body and brain have been given. Of course, one could also feel tired after one eats a big meal. I think I will sometimes prefer being hungry because then my mind focuses on getting food rather than being worried, or because my body lacks energy and so dials down the anxiety.

faultandfracture
09-30-2013, 03:11 PM
I know what you mean. I used to experience this quite often and sometimes still do. There are so many factors involved, though.
Blood sugar goes up, pulse and BP increase, the GI tract is stimulated, etc.

What kind of food and drink are you typically consuming? How many meals a day do you have and how big are they? Is caffeine involved?

This is one of the reasons I think there is some health value - even therapy - in eating smaller meals more often. As opposed to 3 sizable meals a day, one could benefit from 6 small or snack-like healthy meals throughout the day.

Since this is a negative effect, you should experiment with changing eating habits, even if only temporarily, and see if anything gets better.

TIP: Cut out refined sugar and white flour as much as possible. This'll be tough at first as most bodies are addicted and expect these foods, but soon you'll notice a change.

HealthAnxNut
10-01-2013, 09:54 AM
Most of the serotonin is in the gut so eating will effect things .

Every heard the saying butterflies in your stomach .

I had no idea that was the case. So, do you think the gut is eating up (no pun intended) more of your serotonin during digestion?