PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm driving my fiance away

sweetypie
09-30-2013, 12:31 PM
With my anxiety. It's anxiety I have constantly about our relationship and I freak out all the time when I am with him.

It was better for awhile, but now it's bad again.

And I freaked out last night and I remember him saying,"You should be better by now." Over and over again.

I've been seeing a therapist and trying really hard!

He's never had anxiety, so he doesn't know what it's like. I don't want to destroy my relationship. I don't want to destroy my life. He's a wonderful man. I am crying and I hate myself right now.

HealthAnxNut
09-30-2013, 01:38 PM
Listen hun, you're just going to have to do the best you can here. It's not your fault that you have anxiety. Either he can deal, or he can't. I know that sounds cruel, because I understand you love him, but would you stand by him if he went through something awful? Yes, whether it was anxiety or something else, right? He has to be willing to do the same, or it's not going to work. You don't want to go through life with someone who doesn't understand you, and who isn't willing to accept you as you are. Don't try for him, but try for YOU. We have to remember, we didn't CHOOSE to be this way. It's something we are dealing with, and we should only have room in our lives for those who help us on the journey. I'm so sorry you're going through this. :(

chewie90
10-01-2013, 12:58 AM
I was going thru the same thing with my fiance because I've been avoiding him because of my anxiety. We would sleep in two different rooms my anxiety was so bad. The best thing I did was talk to him about and inform him how I felt. I even told him that we need a break but he wasn't going to go with that.

Long story short he let me know that he understands I'm not feeling good completely and that our relationship is on the back burner and we will work on it later Andy hat his main focus is help me get healthy again. I feel great knowing that and now I haven't had an anxiety for 24HOURS!

Just talk to him and see how he feels about it, if he can't accept it then it's time to move on. Or just get away with family for about a week to clear your head.

Hope this helps and hope u feel better.