PDA

View Full Version : I've just got to know.....

mistiblue
09-29-2013, 10:05 PM
I know I have posted about this a lot in the last couple weeks, but I just need some fresh reassurance. I have been having heart flutters constantly! I was doing good today until a friend from our church got taken by ambulance because of his heart!
Now my heart is fluttering like CRAZY!!
This is so ridiculous....just want it to go away.
Has anyone else had heart flutters, jumps, skips, whatever you wanna call em....like this? I mean all day everyday?

Cobra
09-29-2013, 11:52 PM
For about the last nine months...

mistiblue
09-30-2013, 12:26 AM
I'm sorry :( I know it's awful! I have read some of your posts about it on here. I just find it hard to believe their "ok", ya know? Have you been to the doctor about them?

Cobra
09-30-2013, 01:35 AM
Yes, I've had a stress test, echocardiogram, holster monitor, blood tests. Nothing physically wrong with my heart. It is all anxiety, as far as medical science can detect. It will get better once you learn to ignore them, and can stop reacting with fear to the symptoms. It won't go away, or hasn't yet, but it will be more bearable.

sweetypie
09-30-2013, 12:26 PM
I don't have this problem currently, but I did for years. I couldn't tell whether or not I was having a heart attack because it would get so bad that not only would my heart be skipping beats, but my left arm would get shooting, extremely painful pains that would start at my pinky and go all the way into my heart.

I know now that they weren't heart attacks, but it really felt like they were! The pain was unbearable!

mistiblue
09-30-2013, 12:37 PM
Wow sweetypie- do they just went away?
Thanks Cobra, I'm tryin!

sweetypie
09-30-2013, 12:55 PM
I got them because I had agoraphobia, which gave me panic attacks and other weird symptoms like this. When I dealt with the agoraphobia, the pain started going away, too.