PDA

View Full Version : Hope

davelistenupplz
09-29-2013, 02:02 PM
So a couple of days ago something that I had been looking forward to for a really long time feel through. Like super looking forward too. It was wishful thinking and it wasn't going to work out However, when I got close and things where a actually happening, some stuff came up and it didn't work out.

Since then I've been feeling super low and I don't know what to do about it. Everything I usually isn't working, even seeing my grandad who's just got out of hospital didn't work.

I don't feel anything really apart from upset and numb. I just want to cry all the time...

It's funny though, this whole experience has taught me a lot about hope. Because as with everything, there is a dark side to hope, and that's the disappointment that comes if it falls through. Which is one of the reasons I hate being human so much, because the complex emotional rage leads to all kinds of problems.

I'm sorry for posting this long rant, I just needed a place to clear my head where no one I know will see, especially my parents.

petrified
09-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Disappointment is really hard to deal with and is emotional at the best of times without adding on the anxiety and depression. All I can suggest is that if you feel so low now the only place you can go now is up and things will get better. Often a good cry is good for us. Don't apologise for having a rant in here if it helps go for it. This forum is great and there's always someone to talk to an offer great advice and a sympathetic ear. Welcome and I hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do. It's been fab at helping my anxiety :-)

tailspin
09-29-2013, 02:29 PM
Hi there, I agree with everything petrified says, especially that it's totally ok to have a bit of a rant and also to cry. I think that's actually a really healthy response when we've been let down.

I'm really sorry you've had this disappointment, davelistensuppelz. I know what you mean about hating the fact that being human means dealing with all these difficult emotions. I have often wished I didn't feel things so deeply because it seems that would make my life a lot easier!!

Keep talking about it here as much as you need to. It's definitely helpful to get things off our chest. I hope something pleasant happens soon for you.

davelistenupplz
09-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Thank you all for your kind words, it Actually means the world to me you have no idea <3 one of the things that always gets me doe is feeling alone so it's nice to know there are people who are looking out for me <3

petrified
09-29-2013, 02:48 PM
That's one of things I love about here there is always people who have been, or are currently going through the same thing. I think anxiety is great at making us feel alone and isolated. But this forum is great at getting around that :-)

Jernau G
09-29-2013, 03:09 PM
What was it you were looking forward to and why didnt it happen? If you dont mind me asking.

Its easy to feel sorry for yourself and get depressed when something like this happens (I think most of us on this forum have been there), but dont give up! this doesnt mean you are doomed to feel like this forever. Its possible to get better :)

davelistenupplz
09-29-2013, 03:20 PM
I was waiting for a phone call from my idol, but I was 6 on the list and they only called the first 5 :(

tailspin
09-29-2013, 07:03 PM
I was waiting for a phone call from my idol, but I was 6 on the list and they only called the first 5 :(

That must have been a really huge disappointment. So sorry about that!