PDA

View Full Version : Butterflies and nervousness

Velrose
12-02-2007, 09:19 AM
ok-- hello everyone! I just have a quick question. When I am not in the middle of an anxiety attack, I seem to have a constant feeling of butterflies in my stomach. Nervousness that doesn't seem to go away. Occasionally, I will get these really weird "pulses" of thought that are very vague--just a feeling that something bad is going to happen. The nervousness/butterflies and sense of dread seem to be a somewhat constant thing for me... is it like that for anyone else???

Thanks!

SusanC
12-05-2007, 03:21 AM
Hi,
I'm not sure if I understand you correct, but is this something that you are having even when you are doing "fun" things? Or is it just when you are not doing anything? Have you tried "mindfulnes"?

chanel07
12-05-2007, 08:38 AM
I have had that problem and its hard to get rid of. Do you feel a constant nausea?

Velrose
12-05-2007, 09:26 AM
Hi,
I'm not sure if I understand you correct, but is this something that you are having even when you are doing "fun" things? Or is it just when you are not doing anything? Have you tried "mindfulnes"?

Well... it may not start off when I am doing fun things, but all of sudden, say...in the middle of playing a game or something with my daughter, or even by myself, or being at the movies, or any of my other hobbies it will just hit me out of nowhere. It's a sense of unease and nervousness... and once it hits, it usually sticks with me throughout the day, even if I do other things to take my mind off of it.

And for chanel07 yes... once the feeling hits me, I feel sick to my stomach, like things just won't settle down--it is very uncomfortable. :(

chanel07
12-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Hi,

Well... it may not start off when I am doing fun things, but all of sudden, say...in the middle of playing a game or something with my daughter, or even by myself, or being at the movies, or any of my other hobbies it will just hit me out of nowhere. It's a sense of unease and nervousness... and once it hits, it usually sticks with me throughout the day, even if I do other things to take my mind off of it.

And for chanel07 yes... once the feeling hits me, I feel sick to my stomach, like things just won't settle down--it is very uncomfortable. :(

When the nausea got really bad for me, I usually popped a Rolaid or anti acid. It helps but I don't recommend you do it for a long period of time.

CallMeCrazy
12-21-2007, 04:38 PM
I know the feeling Velrose. Even when I'm doing something fun I can still feel strange. You're just going to have to do your best to keep your mind off of it. Try to really concentrate on what you're doing and not on the feeling. That's all I can do...

The Melody of Rain
12-21-2007, 06:25 PM
I know what you're talking about. This, and anxiety in general, is simply prolonged stress. The more you relax, the longer it will stay away but you have to 'ease' yourself down slowly. I find that if I can relax for a full day for about two days afterwards I feel fantastic. Trick is, you have to keep it up. For instance, I'm going far far away in about nine hours to spend christmas in the sun for a week with my family. I'll completely relax, and for a month after I come back I'll feel marvellous. Works every time.