PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions...could this be depression?

BobaFett49
11-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Ok for about the past 6 weeks I've noticed an overall change in myself...physically, emotionally, and mentally...and I need some advice.
Here's my current situation: I am seriously in financial debt, I just lost one job (well it was a paid internship but they had to cut back financially) quite suddenly and now Im doing one job part-time for pathetic compensation. I have bills and bills and bills and they just keep piling up. So needless to say, my stress level has gone through the roof and has remained there for about 2 months.

THe changes that Ive noticed over the past few weeks include the following: oversleeping, no desire to get out of bed (even to the point of skipping work and making some BS story up), complete and utter lack of energy, sense of hopelessness and abandonment, decreased appetite, sore muscles (especially at the base of my neck).

The problem is that I quite honestly do not have the money at the moment to go see a psychiatrist and get this crap figured out. My primary doctor has told me to go see a psychiatrist because this is not her specialty.

Sooo any advice would be welcome...

Robbed
11-30-2007, 06:06 AM
It sounds like you have primarily symptoms of depression. But keep in mind that anxiety and depression go together like hamburgers and french fries. So you could have both. In fact, most people who DO have one, also have the other. On the other hand, keep in mind that the system of diagnosing mental illnesses is rather funky. If you have depression and anxiety, you probably don't have two separate illnesses. Rather, they are both part of the same thing.

The Melody of Rain
12-02-2007, 01:10 AM
Indeed the symptoms you describe are those commonly found in sufferers of anxiety and depression but these afflictions often take extended periods of extreme stress to fully mature into disorders.

It is quite possible that you are suffering from prolonged levels of extreme stress. Its completely reversible, but if its not acted upon soon it'll undoubtedly send you depressed.

It'll snowball.

If your debts were cleared tomorrow would you be happy?