PDA

View Full Version : Terrified tonight! :-(((((

petrified
09-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Really frightened tonight, I'm positive if I go to sleep I won't wake up! I'm not sure why just have horrible feelings of dread. I can't stand being this scared my husband is not well today so I don't want to wake him. I'm feeling so scared and lonely :-( I really don't want to die! I can't stop crying and shaking just hoping this will pass soon. I really HATE this :-(

EsOff
09-26-2013, 04:58 PM
you'll be okay. sometimes really bad anxiety hits at night and it's the worst, but anxiety is all it is. just your mind playing tricks on you. you'll wake up just fine tomorrow. at worst, you may sleep a bit uncomfortably (i tend to when i'm stressed out like that). but you'll be fine.

petrified
09-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Thank you I hope so :-( I really hate anxiety :-(

petrified
09-26-2013, 05:02 PM
Really can't calm down tonight :-(

kelseyt
09-26-2013, 05:15 PM
You'll be fine you need to remind yourself it's just your anxiety telling you otherwise. Don't let it over power you and control you. You'll wake up tomorrow and wonder why you felt like this. :)

petrified
09-26-2013, 05:21 PM
Thank you for your kind words I'm fairly new to anxiety and it's really scary. I'm trying to tell myself I have felt like this nearly every night for the last 6 weeks so why tonight is going to be my last I've no idea, but that's what my thoughts are telling me! I just wish I could switch my thoughts off! :-(

tailspin
09-26-2013, 05:22 PM
I have the worst anxiety at night too. It's a really lonely time. Even if you have a mate sleeping beside you, it can still be the loneliest feeling in the world. Really sorry you're having a bad one tonight, petrified. I always have to get up out of bed when I'm feeling like that. I find it can help just to turn the light on. I'm glad you're able to get on here and hopefully it is a bit of a distraction. What really sucks though is when you're tired, and when you know that sleep would be the best thing for you, but the anxiety won't let you sleep. Have you made some calming tea? Hope you're able to stay as relaxed as possible in the circumstances and that the anxiety lifts soon. Hugs to you!

kelseyt
09-26-2013, 05:29 PM
Anxiety is scary when you first develop it because not many people know how many things anxiety can make you think and feel. Don't worry you'll get through the worst of it and eventually learn it inside and out and be able to control it instead of it control you :) just never get into the circle of thinking that there's no way out, because there is. Many people are living breathing proof. :)

petrified
09-26-2013, 05:37 PM
I have the worst anxiety at night too. It's a really lonely time. Even if you have a mate sleeping beside you, it can still be the loneliest feeling in the world. Really sorry you're having a bad one tonight, petrified. I always have to get up out of bed when I'm feeling like that. I find it can help just to turn the light on. I'm glad you're able to get on here and hopefully it is a bit of a distraction. What really sucks though is when you're tired, and when you know that sleep would be the best thing for you, but the anxiety won't let you sleep. Have you made some calming tea? Hope you're able to stay as relaxed as possible in the circumstances and that the anxiety lifts soon. Hugs to you!

Thanks I'm now lying on the sofa wrapped up in a blanket re-reading one of my favourite books, I'm going to make some hot water with lemon to see if it will help. Thanks again for advice I too hope I can relax a little and get some sleep tonight

petrified
09-26-2013, 05:39 PM
Anxiety is scary when you first develop it because not many people know how many things anxiety can make you think and feel. Don't worry you'll get through the worst of it and eventually learn it inside and out and be able to control it instead of it control you :) just never get into the circle of thinking that there's no way out, because there is. Many people are living breathing proof. :)

Thank you I'm back at my doctors in the morning I just wish my cbt would worry up I hoping it will help me but I'm on a waiting list to see someone at the minute

bothsidesnow
09-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Don't worry. I know thats the most annoying thing anyone can say, it drives me crazy! :)
But honestly I have had that feeling before and I promise you that you will be fine.
Put on a nice feel good film or your favourite album and just try to sleep.
Try to do some slow breathing, calm yourself and drink some hot milk or hot chocolate. Thats what I do :)
Love x

cls1033
09-26-2013, 06:47 PM
you need to accept the sensations before you can star to heal