PDA

View Full Version : Back ache/pain is it anxiety

MitchHuxtable
09-26-2013, 04:36 PM
I experience this pretty much all day a constant ache/pain does anyone else experience this? Is it anxiety? As it's flaring up my anxiety and I am worrying it's my kidneys or something

petrified
09-26-2013, 04:48 PM
I get a lot of back pain I've had loads of tests done and nothing has showed up. I think it's a lot to do with me tensing up all the time being anxious. I don't realise I'm doing it a lot of the time. If your worried ask for a water test to rule out infection. But chances are its your anxiety

tailspin
09-26-2013, 05:48 PM
I agree with petrified. I have chronic back pain too. My pain is in my upper back, especially the shoulder area. It's draining having this pain and stiffness a lot of the time, but I'm certain that it comes from holding so much tension in my body. Also, I spend a lot of time at the computer. I try and watch my posture and get up and stretch regularly, but it's not enough. If you're worried about your kidneys then I would get that checked out, just to be on the safe side, but I'm sure you'll find that your pain is anxiety-related. Back pain is a very common symptom of stress.

Are you getting any treatment for your anxiety at all?