PDA

View Full Version : Do I have anxiety?

emlyds
09-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Sorry if I'm posting this in the completely wrong place or something, I've never used a website like this. I just want some advice!
So recently I've been really worried about my health, I've been changing my diet and trying to eat healthier. But this all started when I begun to have symptoms of colon cancer but I then looked up my symptoms and many of them related to anxiety (apart from the whole poo thing).

Anyway I first came across anxiety when one night my arm was feeling really strange like my muscles were tingling so I googled what to do and obviously google just listed everything it could be from muscle tension to heart attacks. I then began to worry and my heart was aching, I felt sick, I cried and shook. I honestly don't know much about anxiety or panic attacks but this really felt like I was about to die...was this a panic attack?

I have now continued to experience things like random aches everywhere, headaches, seeing eye floaters (a little squiggle in your vision) and feeling sick. Whenever I lean forward my chest aches like something's pulling on it.

Then on Wednesday night I was lying in bed and kept seeing all these flashes in my mind's eye and was getting really frustrated but ended up falling asleep only to wake up an hour later feeling as if I couldn't breathe. My throat was so tight that I honestly thought I was on the verge of death which got me very worked up so I cried, panicked and went to get my parents. I never experience things like this, I'm normally a very good deep sleeper so was it a panic attack that woke me up? I then couldn't sleep until 4am and went into school the next day on only 3 hours sleep! My throat now feels incredibly tight any time I swallow water.

So as I'm completely uneducated on this whole thing could someone please explain to me what's going on! My body doesn't feel right and my heart keeps getting that sinking feeling like you get when you're sad or scared.

Do these symptoms seem like anxiety/panic attacks? If so what should I do? It's like one moment I feel fine and I'll happily be talking to people but sometimes when I'm alone I worry about everything and my brain assumes I'm dying.

Plus could the fact that I was severely depressed for over a year have anything to do with developing anxiety? I'm currently 15 years old and recovered from depression in January. It seems odd that this time last year I was wishing I was dead but now I'm panicking because I want to be anything but dead.

alankay
09-26-2013, 03:04 PM
Could be anxiety. Do you feel fearful or a sense of impeding doom? Do you feel distressed/troubled? The scenario you talk about with health worries is common(I went through it). Your depression may be involved/contributing. Are you at a crossrroads in life or approaching one? I mean feeling pressure to make a hard decision, family issues, etc. Alankay.

Jcsmith0817
09-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Hi Emlyds, You aren't the only one who suffers from anxiety and these are all signs and symptoms of anxiety.. sadly I am dealing with this battle too every single day and always feel like something is going wrong and not good in my body as if I am about to die.. Mine started in March out of nowhere when I was out golfing with a really close friend of mine.. all of sudden I started too get really hot and heat palpitations, dizzy, blurry vision, loss of focus, being able too speak and felt like I was about too faint or die! It was the most scariest feeling ever and till this day still scares me in a way too talk about it.. You aren't the only one dealing with these problems because I am in the same exact boat as you.. Mine might of happened after a serious break-up with someone I really liked a lot and must of gone heart broken after.. anyways message me. I know exactly what you are going through. I am 23 years of age so pretty young to be dealing with such severe anxiety..

jamiebrown
09-26-2013, 03:59 PM
Sorry if I'm posting this in the completely wrong place or something, I've never used a website like this. I just want some advice! So recently I've been really worried about my health, I've been changing my diet and trying to eat healthier. But this all started when I begun to have symptoms of colon cancer but I then looked up my symptoms and many of them related to anxiety (apart from the whole poo thing). Anyway I first came across anxiety when one night my arm was feeling really strange like my muscles were tingling so I googled what to do and obviously google just listed everything it could be from muscle tension to heart attacks. I then began to worry and my heart was aching, I felt sick, I cried and shook. I honestly don't know much about anxiety or panic attacks but this really felt like I was about to die...was this a panic attack? I have now continued to experience things like random aches everywhere, headaches, seeing eye floaters (a little squiggle in your vision) and feeling sick. Whenever I lean forward my chest aches like something's pulling on it. Then on Wednesday night I was lying in bed and kept seeing all these flashes in my mind's eye and was getting really frustrated but ended up falling asleep only to wake up an hour later feeling as if I couldn't breathe. My throat was so tight that I honestly thought I was on the verge of death which got me very worked up so I cried, panicked and went to get my parents. I never experience things like this, I'm normally a very good deep sleeper so was it a panic attack that woke me up? I then couldn't sleep until 4am and went into school the next day on only 3 hours sleep! My throat now feels incredibly tight any time I swallow water. So as I'm completely uneducated on this whole thing could someone please explain to me what's going on! My body doesn't feel right and my heart keeps getting that sinking feeling like you get when you're sad or scared. Do these symptoms seem like anxiety/panic attacks? If so what should I do? It's like one moment I feel fine and I'll happily be talking to people but sometimes when I'm alone I worry about everything and my brain assumes I'm dying. Plus could the fact that I was severely depressed for over a year have anything to do with developing anxiety? I'm currently 15 years old and recovered from depression in January. It seems odd that this time last year I was wishing I was dead but now I'm panicking because I want to be anything but dead.

You have basically just described me there are all the symptoms I have (had) I say had because I am now on meds which are helping quite a bit what your describing sounds like health anxiety to me. I have this been to docs many times but my bloods are always fine :/ just a little worrying it's your mind telling your body what to feel even though the symptoms are there there not a true reflection of a illness that what my doc told me. Don't worry about it try to relax the best you can I'm 22 which I thought was an impossible age to have anxiety your not alone kid :( chin up though