PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Health anxiety

cronet
09-26-2013, 05:25 AM
Hello, I am a 20 year old female who has been suffering with health anxiety for a few weeks now. Let me know if something has worked for you?

tailspin
09-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Hi cronet. Welcome to the site. It's a great resource and if you read through some of the "sticky" topics posted at the top of the General Discussion Forum, as well as some of the threads, you'll find a wealth of useful information. You are definitely not alone!

Lin
10-03-2013, 10:45 PM
I find the friends and advice on this forum really helpful.

Techniques I have found to help me are particularly meditation and I have just started hypnotherapy which is expensive but seems to be helping.

If you are in England you should get in touch with your Recovery Education Service because there are lots of courses you can go on and also your Mental Health Forum will know about any peer support groups in your area where you can go and talk to people with similar problems once a week which really helps.

If you are not in England then there are lots of self help techniques you can use. I have been learning Acceptance Commitment Therapy through The Happiness Trap book which is really good. It teaches you to accept your bad thoughts and accept them (opposite to CBT which helps you change your thoughts).