PDA

View Full Version : It's that time of the month......

trinidiva
09-25-2013, 07:59 AM
and I feel beyond horrible and my anxiety is kicking into high gear. Just need a little support right now.....feeling really down and overwhelmed.

jessed03
09-25-2013, 08:44 AM
You women have it rough. As if anxiety isn't hard enough, you girls have it peak once a month for no other reason than physiology.

Must get real frustrating.

I wonder if there are any remedies for it, like you have herbal remedies for menopause, I wonder if something exists to calm things down when the body peaks. Not really heard of anything.

How long does it all usually last before things settle down?

trinidiva
09-25-2013, 09:48 AM
Thanks Jesse...I just need to talk. It always seems to get bad on the second day of the cycle....that's when my anxiety is at its highest, the cramping is at its worst and seriously, I still have to function like everything is normal. I wish there WAS something that would help these first few days....it usually lasts about two to three days. I'm a complete nasty mess these first few days, attitude wise...my family usually treads lightly and I feel badly about that too.

Sounds crazy....but I can't wait till menopause.

trinidiva
09-25-2013, 09:56 AM
If anyone DOES know of something that works for the first few days of the cycle, please, please share!!!!!!!!!!!

blondie23
09-25-2013, 10:07 AM
I take a Vicodin first two days.. I have extra from previous surgery.. Not illegal at all. Helps a ton. So if somehow you can get some pain killers. Take at night.. Only way I can sleep!

trinidiva
09-25-2013, 01:24 PM
I take a Vicodin first two days.. I have extra from previous surgery.. Not illegal at all. Helps a ton. So if somehow you can get some pain killers. Take at night.. Only way I can sleep!

Painkillers would be great.....jusr enough to knock me out for about two days would be great. Lol.

mistiblue
09-25-2013, 10:39 PM
I feel your pain! I just got off of mine. My anxiety always peaks around that time and it seems the older I get the worse it gets. The worse part is my irrational thoughts and heart flutters. I can tell you this...this too shall pass. I am feeling much better!!

trinidiva
09-26-2013, 06:11 AM
I feel your pain! I just got off of mine. My anxiety always peaks around that time and it seems the older I get the worse it gets. The worse part is my irrational thoughts and heart flutters. I can tell you this...this too shall pass. I am feeling much better!!

Yes, mine never used to be this bad. It seems that now, after having a few kids and approaching 40, it's getting worse. Well so far this morning, I'm doing a little better. Not great, but at least its a step in the right direction. I really must of looked bad yesterday because my husband actually said so. He never says that. Ugh......

jessed03
09-26-2013, 08:06 AM

The older you get? Please... 21 isn't old ;)

mistiblue
09-26-2013, 09:04 AM
Trinidiva- you sound just like me. Glad your feeling better today. I'm sure with each day you'll feel even better.