PDA

View Full Version : Is this deralization?

shelley15
09-25-2013, 06:33 AM
Have suffered really bad anxiety for 6months I'm unable to leave the house on my own incase I faint. I've done CBT which has helped the Heath anxiety I'm not constantly worrying about my Heath much now it's just the symptoms I get due to anxiety and stress. Now everytime I go outside for a walk (which my therapist said I should do everyday) I get really off balance like a magnet is pulling me to walk to the right, and my eyes are so dry I get blurry vision and feels like I'm just about to go blind, I feel like I'm not even there and I'm dreaming, my legs feel like jelly and I can't walk so I don't go anywhere. My head always feels like there's a lot if tension and heavy and my eyes aren't connected to my body. This then leads to having a panic attack feeling faint and dizzy and I will fall over any second. I hate this, I can't even walk into a shop cos I think I will collapse and everyone's looking at me cos I walk off balance. Does anyone else feel like this?

lee2
09-25-2013, 03:15 PM
I feel somewhat the way you do.....and that's what causes my panic attacks..several times a day....my life has crumbled in front of me....my heart's broken for my kids

Sarah_1292
09-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Yep, thats definately depersonalization/deralization.

tmolf36
09-25-2013, 06:04 PM
U r not alone I feel the same way when walking by myself.

Jcsmith0817
09-25-2013, 06:49 PM
Hi Shelley, You are definitely not alone on this one! I feel that way almost everyday now and this anxiety and depression feels like it is sucking the life out of me completely! My biggest fear and issues is fainting or blackening out in public, or anywhere where I can be seen by many.. I feel like when I walk, Sit, lay down, eat, or anything else I am doing, Feels like I am swaying or everything around me is moving or I can't seem to focus because it feels like I am focusing too much on my feelings of trying not too pass out or faint I get panicky and feel paralyzed.. Also this has greatly affected my mood, work, family and friend and my own life.. I use to be so energetic, fun, sociable, and on the go.. but now all I do is fear and think of the worse!.. I just seem too have this issue when walking that my legs feels like they are giving out or just dying and losing muscle... like I wont be able to walk anymore...

patchezzzz
09-25-2013, 09:39 PM
I have had derealization for about a year and yes- that's how I would explain it. If you relax and stop thinking about it, it eventually fades and goes away:)