PDA

View Full Version : ativan and wine

Cobra
09-24-2013, 07:32 PM
Rather than taking a half an ativan to mellow out, I have been drinking about 8-16 oz of red wine. I read on the internet all the health benefits of red wine-- good for heart disease and cancer and stomach health because of the probiotics and fermentation. What do you guys think? I hate taking ativan because of its addictive nature, and sometimes it seems to have a paradoxical effect for me, making me more nervous instead of less. I don't want to be an alcoholic and have never drank to excess in my life, but just a drink or two with supper or before bed?

MegC
09-24-2013, 07:37 PM
I also drink a glass or two!!!! Really calms my nerves and actually, like you said , has many good benefits! I just don't recommend the whole bottle! On top of meds, alcohol can really intensify this! I accidentally drank more than I usually do and totally blacked out! But a couple glasses of wine I think is perfect! Cheers to you!

frankzito
09-24-2013, 08:02 PM
I've been told numerous times by different people to try wine at night. Maybe should give it a whirl

Cobra
09-24-2013, 08:48 PM
I've done a bit of research and I wouldn't recommend mixing alcohol with meds. If I drink the wine I feel I need to forgo the Ativan and vice versa. It's been 24 hrs since my last Ativan.

acetone
09-24-2013, 10:53 PM
Benzos and alcohol increase the effects of one another. Sedation will increase.

alankay
09-25-2013, 02:25 AM
If you keep it modest you should be ok if it really helps but 16 oz is probably a bit much. One glass wold be ok IMHO. I would avoid mixing for sure to be safe. Alankay