PDA

View Full Version : Exercise Question

onebreathatatime
09-24-2013, 02:06 PM
I have been trying to exercise more often to help get rid of excess energy and I have a question............. Yesterday I exercised for 30 mins on a stationary bike before work, and felt pretty good for the remainder of the day. Today however I was busier before work and didn't have time, so on the way to work I was super nervous, jittery. I keep feeling like something is off, and I was just wondering are the two related? Or am I just over thinking it all, causing more anxiety?

Olive Yew
09-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Maybe a bit of both.

u4ea
09-24-2013, 03:06 PM
You could just be overthinking it - but probably not.

It's been scientifically proven that exercise changes brain biochemistry, releasing endorphins and other natural "feeling well" chemicals. Have you heard of "runners high?" When people start running daily and for increasing distance; many get what called "runners high" - the rush of those soothing chemicals released in the brain; and if they suddenly stop running, they can get a "withdrawal" - depression, anxiety etc.....

The brain is an amazing thing!

alankay
09-24-2013, 03:13 PM
No. Just a coincidence and don't let anxiety convince you they are related. You're just anxious now but will calm down soon. I began running 32 years ago for the very same reason you did and I think it has added many years to my life and reduced my anxiety. Alankay

onebreathatatime
09-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Thanks Guys! I think I am going to continue with the 30 mins/day to get myself in shape and hopefully feeling good!