PDA

View Full Version : Whats everyones plans to beat anxiety?

kelseyt
09-23-2013, 05:58 PM
So I thought if counter act the other thread that was made with a bit more of a positive one of what's everyone's biggest fear to what's your plans to beat your anxiety.

I know we all want to get rid of it for good I'm more interested in your plans for the next few weeks/months on how they're going to work on getting better at dealing with anxiety. Whether it be medication, counciling or even a change of mindset.

And if you've already beaten your anxiety feel free to write how you did it. :)

frankzito
09-23-2013, 06:15 PM
Gonna continue to do what makes me feel best. Don't over work, get enough sleep, eat decent. That's about it. Hopefully it will go off summers

omoplata
09-23-2013, 06:21 PM
These two books have helped me out tremendously. Dr Jim Manganiello's "Unshakable Certainty" and Nick Ortner's "The Tapping Solution". Also used Dr Manganiello's MESICS program. My anxiety is pretty much gone now.

u4ea
09-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Oops - Type - o

kelseyt
09-23-2013, 06:24 PM
I take it this thread is to counter mine - LOL

It wasn't made in a bad way, I just thought since we're discussing the bad side of anxiety it's a good idea to have a positive one also.

I think to get past anxiety you have to recognise your biggest fear. Wasn't ment to offend anyone.

alankay
09-23-2013, 08:18 PM
The first step should be to verify it's anxiety and see if the/a source can be found. Often a conflict, abuse or even just high stress or drama can trigger it but finding a source and addressing is the best first step. Alankay

tailspin
09-23-2013, 10:55 PM
I've been in a slump for a while so I'm really focusing on small steps right now. Really going back to basics.

1) Keeping busy and as productive as possible helps me a lot. So, I'm making a big effort to stay busy and as productive as possible right now!

2) In that vein, I'm getting up earlier in the morning and this already seems to be helping a lot. I'm a night owl by nature and had gotten into the habit of going to bed late and getting up late. I'm now getting up about an hour to two hours earlier every morning and I'm surprised how much better I feel (perhaps it ties in to the being busy and productive good feelings)

3) I'm stepping up my daily exercise routine to include some running again. The endorphins are very welcome!!

4) I'm journalling every day again

5) I'm making an effort to be more sociable

6) I'm working on my attitude and I'm trying to switch my focus to the positives in my life and to feed the good stuff.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to write this out!

NeverToo...Fear
09-24-2013, 05:40 AM
^ Tailspin has a great plan..I think I'm just going to copy hers! :P

Seriously though; keeping busy, exercising, journalling, waking up earlier, focusing on positives--it's all things I use to do that I'm trying to re do again..I hate that somewhere in the midst of anxiety, it feels as if I lost myself.

So I'm going to do more things that I love. I used to love reading great fiction stories and I've always loved writing my own--plus it really helps to keep my mind off of anxiety by just keeping the mind occupied so it has no time to think of constant worry.

u4ea
09-24-2013, 07:05 AM
It wasn't made in a bad way, I just thought since we're discussing the bad side of anxiety it's a good idea to have a positive one also.

I think to get past anxiety you have to recognise your biggest fear. Wasn't ment to offend anyone.

Nooo - not offended at all! : )

Now that the summer is over, I'm really going to focus on taking better care of myself - no more frequent grilling/BBQ's.

- Breakfast consisting of fruit and yogurt/cereal.
- DAILY exercise consisting of walking/light jogging and calisthenics (sit-up, push-ups)
- More sensible dinners with focus on greens and portion control.
- eliminate alcohol consumption - my biggest vice!

Well, that's my plan anyway : )

Perses
09-24-2013, 07:10 AM
I know I won't get rid of anxiety for good. It is like a pigeon sitting atop a high rafter in my brain; it flutters overhead. When the pigeon descends, and my mind gets agitated, then I: make sure I have meds I can take as backup, concentrate on being nice to other people, figure out how to occupy my brain with something that is useful in the moment, use my aromatherapy lavender oil, walk briskly in the park, remind myself that I'm not living as a woman in dire poverty in a war-torn third world country without control over my own destiny, and, now, hang out with you guys to remind myself that I'm not alone in feeling the way I do.

u4ea
09-24-2013, 08:14 AM
I know I won't get rid of anxiety for good.

My belief exactly.

I'm just hoping to minimize the occurrences and intensity - if I can master that I'll be happy.

jessed03
09-24-2013, 09:54 AM
How do I plan to beat anxiety?

With an extremely large stick, until its cowering on the floor bloody and bruised ;)

tailspin
09-24-2013, 11:57 AM
My belief exactly.

I'm just hoping to minimize the occurrences and intensity - if I can master that I'll be happy.

Absolutely agree! I'd be happy with that too.

Great thread and great to read everyone's plans! Maybe we can check in here and share how we're all doing as the months go by.

tailspin
09-24-2013, 11:58 AM
How do I plan to beat anxiety?

With an extremely large stick, until its cowering on the floor bloody and bruised ;)

Haha! Can you come and beat mine next please?! :)