PDA

View Full Version : terrified of lymphoma :(

lalouba_jane
09-23-2013, 02:00 PM
Hey all,

It's been a while since I posted but I'm having a rough time at the moment.

About two weeks ago I found a lump in my groin which my doctor confirmed is a lymph node. It is about the size of a baked bean and doesn't move around that I can feel.

I don't have any obvious infection at all and all I can think is "lymphoma, lymphoma, lymphoma."

I'm close to tears with this. Anyone ever had the same thing??

kelseyt
09-23-2013, 02:50 PM
Hey all,

It's been a while since I posted but I'm having a rough time at the moment.

About two weeks ago I found a lump in my groin which my doctor confirmed is a lymph node. It is about the size of a baked bean and doesn't move around that I can feel.

I don't have any obvious infection at all and all I can think is "lymphoma, lymphoma, lymphoma."

I'm close to tears with this. Anyone ever had the same thing??

I have the same exact thing on my neck :)

I got 4 different doctors opinions and they told me it's a swollen node but nothing to worry about. I was also convinced its Lymphoma.
Sometimes they swell up and just don't go back down. There are plenty of reasons other than lymphoma that could cause this.
Are you having any tests done on it?

lalouba_jane
09-23-2013, 03:05 PM
My doctor told me to go back a few weeks after my first appointment which was almost two weeks ago now. It just feels like it's getting bigger and the fact I can't move it freaks me out a lot. Going mad here :(

kelseyt
09-23-2013, 03:11 PM
I would make a new appointment just to get it completely checked, just to be sure and for your peace of mind :) Its highly unlikely its anything serious.
And on the bright side if its anything bad you've caught it early and it can be removed easily. It's people who catch serious illnesses late who need to worry.
What exactly did your doctor say the first time you went? :)

lalouba_jane
09-23-2013, 03:16 PM
She confirmed that it was a lymph node and that it was larger than it should be. There also wasn't an enlarged one on the other side.

I've just checked my diary and apparently have my check up with her tomorrow morning (almost forgot!) as she said if it's still there she wants to test me for STDs as normally a swollen node is due to localised infection. So if I had a cold sore, the swollen nodes would be in my neck, whereas a node in the groin suggests something related to my lower body/reproductive system if it's caused by any sort of infection.

I think I just need to really push this time, because I have been very fatigued and feel quite dizzy/breathless when I stand for some time now. I keep trying to put it down to the anxiety but I honestly don't know. I also feel very warm to the touch on my head/face constantly and have done for a few months, along with having little to no appetite.

kelseyt
09-23-2013, 05:53 PM
Well try not to worry hun all those symptoms you described can be caused by anxiety.
I also read somewhere that a lot of anxiety can actually make your lymph nodes swell abit also.
I'm sure you will be fine :)
The chances of it being anything else is extremely extremely low.
And you probably are feeling these symptoms because you're focusing on how your body works.
I've done the same thing, after I convinced myself to just forget about it for a while and see if the symptoms go away they did.
Anxiety is evil if it's allowed to manifest in your mind, it can make you feel things wrong with you that aren't even really there.

Please let me know what your doctor says and if you need any support just give me a message :)