PDA

View Full Version : Smoking?

newzie
09-23-2013, 10:06 AM
I was curious if any of you with anxiety smoke cigarettes. I do and I have noticed that after smoking I feel a bit more anxious. I am sort of in the midst of a depressive/anxious 'episode' right now, where I get some irrational anxiety and all that fun stuff.

My last episode, I quit caffeine because I was sure it made more anxious and I am wondering if the cigarettes are as well.

What do you all think? Should I kick the habit?

petrified
09-23-2013, 10:08 AM
I have to agree smoking does make me more anxious but then it makes me anxious to think about giving up so it's like a vicious circle. I think once I get my anxiety a bit more under control it's something I would really like to. I think if you feel ready go for it :-)

newzie
09-23-2013, 10:13 AM
That's pretty much the feeling I have. It's a catch 22. Maybe I will just use my E-Cig as that seems to make me less anxious for some reason.

petrified
09-23-2013, 10:15 AM
Are they any good? I was thinking about getting one :-)

newzie
09-23-2013, 01:26 PM
Yeah they are good. But I have had one for a while now. My brother totally shifted from normal tobacco products to using one. He puffs on the thing like it is his oxygen.

I kind put off switching 100% to it for the lats few months, but if you get the right e-cig it is almost as good as a normal cigarette.

The only difference is that when you take a hit off of a e-cig, it doesn't immediately kill your craving like a normal cigarette, so as long as you keep that in mind it is good.

There's also a bit more science behind getting that right formula to emulate your favorite cigarette. I won't go into details but there is a ratio between throat hit (that feeling in your throat when you take a hit off of a butt) and smoke cloud amount, but once you get that right you are golden.

petrified
09-23-2013, 01:36 PM
Ah thanks so much I seem some local they are quite expensive but I'm sure I will save a lot more in the long run I think it might be worth ago :-)

lalouba_jane
09-23-2013, 02:10 PM
I swear by my e-cig!! I used to be a 15 a day smoker for 8 years until I switched. I use a brand called. 10 Motives (it comes in lots of different flavours) and I absolutely love it. It costs me £6.99 for a pack of 5 cartomisers, each one estimated to be about a pack and a half of normal cigs.

The first couple of days it was odd but I absolutely love mine now :)